Play Offline?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingsRight

11-20-2009

Would be good if we had a way to play offline when servers go down to practice against bots, test or study aspects.

Žod The Immortal

11-20-2009

epic idea

KingsRight

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphic Impulse View Post
epic idea
yeah i never noticed there wasn't an offline version of this until now. I am kinda disapointed by that.

I thought it would be more like war3 in the sense of it lasting beyond/without the makers.

So that's kinda discouraging to buy stuff if for some reason riot decided to close it's doors and you have nothing to toy with or even look at afterwards. Nothing but youtube videos of memories.

Rkt Jso mk IV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRight View Post
yeah i never noticed there wasn't an offline version of this until now. I am kinda disapointed by that.

I thought it would be more like war3 in the sense of it lasting beyond/without the makers.

So that's kinda discouraging to buy stuff if for some reason riot decided to close it's doors and you have nothing to toy with or even look at afterwards. Nothing but youtube videos of memories.
Doubt it.

Tribes 1/2. Mechwarrior 3/4.
I introduce you to the fact that fans have rebooted servers for all four of those games. Meaning anyone can host a dedicated to play a game and some even have server browsers cobbled together.

It's applicable because it shows what's possible if the fanbase is dedicated enough. (May need to know their way around a hex editor among other things)

Oh, also:
  • Counter-Strike. People have hacked out the Steam to get it working without it.
  • Modern Warfare 2. People have hacked in dedicated servers.

KingsRight

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkt Jso mk IV View Post
Doubt it.

Tribes 1/2. Mechwarrior 3/4.
I introduce you to the fact that fans have rebooted servers for all four of those games. Meaning anyone can host a dedicated to play a game and some even have server browsers cobbled together.

It's applicable because it shows what's possible if the fanbase is dedicated enough. (May need to know their way around a hex editor among other things)

Oh, also:
  • Counter-Strike. People have hacked out the Steam to get it working without it.
  • Modern Warfare 2. People have hacked in dedicated servers.

That is good to know! Cuz it's such a good game so far and i bet this game is really going places but nothing lasts forever.

DamnPandaHands

12-20-2009

I fully agree with offline mode notion

Aralox

01-08-2010

Down with server maintenance! Up with offline mode!

AcoC AloC

01-08-2010

I try do write an offline server... but its not so easy i have to work... -.-

InFdude

01-08-2010

They should have put a SP.

Dominator66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

if u ever suceed with tht then tell me but we do need an offline mode and a campaign something like a buyable disc or the collectors pack needs an offline mode

12345 ... 8