Match making system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxPilgrimxX

10-18-2012

Would be nice if we a filter system where players could select "prefered roll": ranging from numerous rolls from:

Support
Jungle
Ad carry
Middle
Solo Top
Duo Top

Would be much nicer to have players matched up with fit each category to avoid arguments and dodgers.

bear in mind that this is prefered, and that this will not grant that position.

SilverChampz

10-20-2012

but.. you see.. there are some disadvantages.. i mean.. it just like.. it will be less support role and some roles just have too many players.. and i believe it will only make the queue longer and longer..

Ashlea

10-20-2012

I think this is a great idea that would help to prevent some of the issues we see currently. Of course, you'd still have your trolls, though maybe less of them. I generally get the role I want anyway because recently I've taken up on supporting most of the time, which seems to be, at least in my crappy normal game elo, not such a popular option.

x The Deleter x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

but what happens if the meta changes?

gvaness

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leageoflol View Post
but what happens if the meta changes?
It never will if it's enforced. Which is why this wouldn't be implemented.

You'll also get people picking support, and coming up with horrible support that only checked the role to get through with 0 queue time and has no real intention of playing support.

Wrath of Okard

10-22-2012

Theres not as much skill involved if you arent made to play other roles every so often. If 4 lock in and say "we need mid", then its up to you to pick a mid. Which means you need some skill in mid, or support, or jungle, or whatever else they need. By only knowing one role, youre dropping your skill lvl to maybe 1/5th of the game.