"Mordekaiser is not to be trusted, Hecarim!"

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skagwatcher

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewpaka View Post
Amazing inferences dude. If Riot didn't have anything in mind, they should read this and just build off of it.

One thing I noticed though, is that there is just one and only one reference to "the King" and it's coming from the Lady of the West Altar. This is just an alternate theory on one point for the sake of speculation, so bear with me here. The Lady was once a very powerful mage, held prisoner in life and now in death against her will. However, it would seem that, like the lord, she still possesses considerable power. The Lord himself does not make a single reference to "the King." While the Lord seems to encourage all of the champions to bring death and destruction to the world, the Lady seems to almost want to turn them against each other, and change them.
Is it possible that "the King" is not some unfathomable undead power that brought about the end of the war, but that the Lady still serves her king from the olden days, and is trying to undermine the undead forces even now?

Another thing that I was kind of wondering about is that it would seem as though BOTH the Lady and the Lord have been imprisoned. I get why the Lady would be, but why is the Lord imprisoned? Especially if you look at the videos from the new Patch, when you take a buff, a huge lock appears over it. Why is the Lord not free if his side won?
Perhaps the last action of the Lady was to lock away the Lord before she herself was locked away.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Well, when I said 'Long ago', I meant LONG ago. The Lord refers to Karthus as 'A man who decided to join us', which could mean that he saw Karthus when he was still alive as a human. Since we know that the Isles of the past were a quite normal place before the change happened, it would take them a lot of time, maybe several centuries, to transform into what they are now - unchanging grey trees that carry spectral leaves, everything is as if frozen in time perpetually, as described in Karthus' bio. With so much time passing, regardless of circumstances, the Lord would pass away of old age. His presence at the altar is probably the duty that he was assigned; but in general, the whole Isles are now on lockdown, waiting for -something- to happen. Hecarim, Mordekaiser, and others are their first movements in a very, very long time - so long that the Shadow Isles were a legend until Hecarim gloriously dashed through half the continent and into the League.

Brutalitar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

on brazilian server morde should have "huehuehue" for his laugh

Skagwatcher

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutalitar View Post
on brazilian server morde should have "huehuehue" for his laugh
Hmm, yes very interesting. I do say my good man, that is a very nice theory on the topic at hand totally related to lore.
Uhhg, don't come to the lore forums unless you are actually going to discuss lore.

Arcane Azmadi

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allea View Post
Wow..those are cool interactions and I'm guessing no interactions with Evelynn is because she's rumored to come from the Shadow Isles, we still do not know whether she only has a mild case of fantasical vampirism or if she actually originate from the Shadow Isles.
I'd consider the fact that she's listed on the Shadow Isles update page as a Shadow Isles champion alongside Morde, Hecarim, Yorick and Karthus as pretty bloody good proof that she's from the Shadow Isles. The only explanation I can come up with for why she has no unique lines from the altars is a simple oversight by Riot. Which is REALLY annoying as Eve is still one of the most mysterious champions in the game- unlike Morde, we don't even really know how her powers even work.

knightex50

10-22-2012

wow now i need to get onto PBE and check out these voices

oddish33

10-23-2012

cool!

BloodGod22

10-24-2012

Inbe4 the King is Arthas....

Sonic Crescent

10-24-2012

bump

fuq u

10-24-2012

Omg... Imagine Pre - Corrupted skins of the four... Hecarim clad in standard chivalrous knight armor and halberd. Karthus and Elise as humans. etc...

1234567 ... 9