Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Summoner Icon Rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADC SENPAl

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
That's a good assumption for today.

I'm no tech guy but my guess is there are two main issues there:

1) It doesn't matter as much if stuff on the pbe breaks when released.
2) Stuff breaks more often when millions of people interact with it than when thousands of people do

So there's a whole different level of testing and problem solving when releasing content to the main game.
It is so awesome to be able to say "When millions of people do" we are a fortunate community


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jewels Winfield

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
eKoyz:
@Hippalus I purchase RP one day before the 1st of October. I have also purchased i think 40 this month, is there a way you guys can just let the RP from the day before to just carry over? I want that tier 4 picture!


Here's Hipp on that...

Quote:
Also, players have raised the fair point that under the current plan they will not even be rewarded for buying Shadow Isles or Harrowing content with RP that they had purchased prior to October, and I agree that doesn’t really capture the spirit of the promotion. Therefore, a few days after the end of the promotion, we will retroactively grant Shadow Isles icons to players if the RP spent from October 1 – November 13 is greater than the RP purchased during that time and qualfies them for an additional tier of rewards.


So, it sounds like if you purchased RP and bought Shadow Isles or Harrowing stuff then then you should get some sort of reward from it. His wording is confusing though..so I'm not 100% on exactly the mechanism their using.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FENiXRiZN

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Please oh please.. will summoner's rift be getting a new halloween themed skin like previous years? I don't mind waiting for it.. I just need to know!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KhaotixKhaos

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
FENiXRiZN:
Please oh please.. will summoner's rift be getting a new halloween themed skin like previous years? I don't mind waiting for it.. I just need to know!

no Morello posted in a diff thread there will b no SR update this year :C


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrankyCentaur

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
These situations change constantly which is why people try not to post information that may turn out not to be true. I know for sure now that the skins will not be released today. We're targeting to get them to you before the weekend. There is a chance that won't happen.

League of Legends is like a battleship with 800 sailors that is constantly getting new weapons and navigational upgrades while traveling at 25 knots. Everyone on the boat is working towards the best possible outcome but no one person knows everything or can predict exactly what will happen in the next battle. Or exactly when.

There is no other game that supports as many players in as many parts of the world, and so it is pointless to compare LoL to games that are much smaller but have more features or more reliable updates. Piloting a rowboat is easier and allows greater flexibility, but you'll still get crushed by the battleship.


So no Harrowing this year? So many screw ups, so many missteps to get it running this year.

I know it's my fault and my fault only that I decided to buy RP this so early, but I wish I saved my money. I won't even be able to use the Halloween skins before Halloween. Great. I'm so close to being done with all this ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nintura

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
That's a good assumption for today.

I'm no tech guy but my guess is there are two main issues there:

1) It doesn't matter as much if stuff on the pbe breaks when released.
2) Stuff breaks more often when millions of people interact with it than when thousands of people do

So there's a whole different level of testing and problem solving when releasing content to the main game.



probably not your area, but any idea on when elise will get released? I'm really looking forward to her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syztem

Senior Member

10-25-2012

So basically... We will get credit for RP purchased during Oct. 1 to Nov. 16 or RP spent from Oct.1 to Nov.16... but not both?

Just whatever is the highest number?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulfe

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Nintura:
probably not your area, but any idea on when elise will get released? I'm really looking forward to her.


Same time as the skins I would imagine. I certainly hope that this is now the case, i wanna play her today D:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirza Says

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
These situations change constantly which is why people try not to post information that may turn out not to be true. I know for sure now that the skins will not be released today. We're targeting to get them to you before the weekend. There is a chance that won't happen.

League of Legends is like a battleship with 800 sailors that is constantly getting new weapons and navigational upgrades while traveling at 25 knots. Everyone on the boat is working towards the best possible outcome but no one person knows everything or can predict exactly what will happen in the next battle. Or exactly when.

There is no other game that supports as many players in as many parts of the world, and so it is pointless to compare LoL to games that are much smaller but have more features or more reliable updates. Piloting a rowboat is easier and allows greater flexibility, but you'll still get crushed by the battleship.



Runescape


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pooeater

Member

10-25-2012

Surprised he didn't create a poll asking us how we feel about this.