Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BananaSniper

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
That's a good assumption for today.

I'm no tech guy but my guess is there are two main issues there:

1) It doesn't matter as much if stuff on the pbe breaks when released.
2) Stuff breaks more often when millions of people interact with it than when thousands of people do

So there's a whole different level of testing and problem solving when releasing content to the main game.
It is so awesome to be able to say "When millions of people do" we are a fortunate community

Jewels Winfield

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eKoyz View Post
@Hippalus I purchase RP one day before the 1st of October. I have also purchased i think 40 this month, is there a way you guys can just let the RP from the day before to just carry over? I want that tier 4 picture!
Here's Hipp on that...

Quote:
Also, players have raised the fair point that under the current plan they will not even be rewarded for buying Shadow Isles or Harrowing content with RP that they had purchased prior to October, and I agree that doesn’t really capture the spirit of the promotion. Therefore, a few days after the end of the promotion, we will retroactively grant Shadow Isles icons to players if the RP spent from October 1 – November 13 is greater than the RP purchased during that time and qualfies them for an additional tier of rewards.
So, it sounds like if you purchased RP and bought Shadow Isles or Harrowing stuff then then you should get some sort of reward from it. His wording is confusing though..so I'm not 100% on exactly the mechanism their using.

FENiXRiZN

10-25-2012

Please oh please.. will summoner's rift be getting a new halloween themed skin like previous years? I don't mind waiting for it.. I just need to know!

KhaotixKhaos

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FENiXRiZN View Post
Please oh please.. will summoner's rift be getting a new halloween themed skin like previous years? I don't mind waiting for it.. I just need to know!
no Morello posted in a diff thread there will b no SR update this year :C

FrankyCentaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
These situations change constantly which is why people try not to post information that may turn out not to be true. I know for sure now that the skins will not be released today. We're targeting to get them to you before the weekend. There is a chance that won't happen.

League of Legends is like a battleship with 800 sailors that is constantly getting new weapons and navigational upgrades while traveling at 25 knots. Everyone on the boat is working towards the best possible outcome but no one person knows everything or can predict exactly what will happen in the next battle. Or exactly when.

There is no other game that supports as many players in as many parts of the world, and so it is pointless to compare LoL to games that are much smaller but have more features or more reliable updates. Piloting a rowboat is easier and allows greater flexibility, but you'll still get crushed by the battleship.
So no Harrowing this year? So many screw ups, so many missteps to get it running this year.

I know it's my fault and my fault only that I decided to buy RP this so early, but I wish I saved my money. I won't even be able to use the Halloween skins before Halloween. Great. I'm so close to being done with all this ****.

Nintura

10-25-2012

Quote:
That's a good assumption for today.

I'm no tech guy but my guess is there are two main issues there:

1) It doesn't matter as much if stuff on the pbe breaks when released.
2) Stuff breaks more often when millions of people interact with it than when thousands of people do

So there's a whole different level of testing and problem solving when releasing content to the main game.

probably not your area, but any idea on when elise will get released? I'm really looking forward to her.

Syztem

10-25-2012

So basically... We will get credit for RP purchased during Oct. 1 to Nov. 16 or RP spent from Oct.1 to Nov.16... but not both?

Just whatever is the highest number?

Wulfe

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintura View Post
probably not your area, but any idea on when elise will get released? I'm really looking forward to her.
Same time as the skins I would imagine. I certainly hope that this is now the case, i wanna play her today D:

Mirza Says

10-25-2012

Quote:
These situations change constantly which is why people try not to post information that may turn out not to be true. I know for sure now that the skins will not be released today. We're targeting to get them to you before the weekend. There is a chance that won't happen.

League of Legends is like a battleship with 800 sailors that is constantly getting new weapons and navigational upgrades while traveling at 25 knots. Everyone on the boat is working towards the best possible outcome but no one person knows everything or can predict exactly what will happen in the next battle. Or exactly when.

There is no other game that supports as many players in as many parts of the world, and so it is pointless to compare LoL to games that are much smaller but have more features or more reliable updates. Piloting a rowboat is easier and allows greater flexibility, but you'll still get crushed by the battleship.

Runescape

pooeater

10-25-2012

Surprised he didn't create a poll asking us how we feel about this.