Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoner Icon Rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

octavian1127

10-19-2012

Glad to see confirmation of lifetime spender rewards incoming. Due to my budgetary considerations (mainly unpredictable gas bills and slow reimbursement) I'm often unable to purchase RP for specific events. That said, I'm relatively confident I should be able to participate somewhat in the Harrowing (or I might have to have some words with accounting). Thanks for all the clarification Hippalus.

Elrilok

10-19-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
Actually, that was my original proposal, but our store development team over the past month was tied up on self service refunds, ward skins and a couple other things. They work their asses off already and there wasn't enough time to get summoner icons into the store. So I decided to continue with the RP rewards alone.

There will be many other opportunities to acquire icons in the future if you decide it's not worth stocking up on RP for this batch.

Well I'm glad you at least addressed this issue...but seriously is there any way you can consider going back to the 'original proposal'

At the very least I'm happy to know that if I choose to abstain from getting the icons now, I can save up for it later and still get them...but my question now is

How often will there be 'many other opportunities' to acquire them in the future? Are we talking months or years here?

Hahke

10-19-2012

I have to say I am MUCH more impressed with the ideas and things that you guys have planned for the future in terms of the marketing for this game. Whereas I'm not happy about the thought of 'rental' ward skins or really rental of any type of skin, I am happy that you were starting to offer more promotions like these that we have wanted for such a long time and I'm even more eager to find out that you are going to be showing the customers who have spent a great deal of money on your product some extra love for their money and support they've put into the game. It's something that I feel needed to be added ages ago (and even was promised ages ago) and I'm happy to know in the near future (hopefully) that it'll be occurring.

I cannot wait to see what you guys have ahead in 2013 and I am pleased overall with the changes that you have been doing for the marketing of the game (again, except the skin rentals). Keep up the good work.

Chromaggus

10-19-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30413217&posted=1#post30413217

Hipp, can you please answer my question in this thread. I still have confusion.

Thank you.

ghośt

10-19-2012

This is awesome. This puts me at 4553 rp spent since oct. 1st. Does this work separately though? I mean you either have to buy 10k rp or spend 10k rp between oct 1 - nov 13? Or can we like spend 5k rp between that time frame and buy 5k rp? Can that work as a combo?

Vemon

10-19-2012

....could I potentially just get the $35 RP package, buy the Pulsfire Ezreal skin (which currently costs 3250RP), refund it, buy it again, refund it again, buy it & refund it a final time, totaling an expenditure of 9750RP over the month of October, therefore leaving me short of just 250RP away from qualifying for the tier 5 icon??

ghośt

10-19-2012

Quote:
Vemon:
....could I potentially just get the $35 RP package, buy the Pulsfire Ezreal skin (which currently costs 3250RP), refund it, buy it again, refund it again, buy it & refund it a final time, totaling an expenditure of 9750RP over the month of October, therefore leaving me short of just 250RP away from qualifying for the tier 5 icon??

I wish this was the case. But I doubt this loophole is not going to work. But maybe since it's costing you your whole lifetime refund count, maybe.

Divinitas

10-19-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
A previous poster in this thread nailed this issue. This is one of those situations where no matter what we do, someone will be mad. Communicating the window two weeks in advance will piss off the people who bought RP just before the announcement, and the people who really want to buy something between the announcement and the window. Communicating it on the first day upsets the people who just missed it.

I agree with you that someone will always be upset; however, communication is key to maintaining good relationships. No matter how you look at it, Riot did a very poor job communicating this promotion. It was announced after the time period, not before. This is going to make far more people upset than giving advanced notice.

I think Riot had the right idea in moving the time back, but Oct 1st is the wrong date. Sept 26th makes more sense because this is when the latest champion was released. Move the date back to the Kha'zix release is the more logical approach and would be a better step toward apologizing for the sloppy way in which this promotion was announced.

Mustachestalker

10-19-2012

...May I gain anything for buying over 5,000+ RP THREE DAYS before this started? ;-;

Hikaritokage

10-19-2012

So if I have 1300 rp right now and I spent it right now, I would only need to buy 8700 rp and spend it to get the tier 5 reward?