Ward Skins and Summoner Icons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roxabellum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2694451

In my opinion they should be lifetime on the account purchased on. Kinda of like limited edition skins, except for the fact you can only use them for certain seasons. Maybe even a temporary for the season then next year you'd have to buy another season pass for ward skins. I was really excited about this, as I am with most "new" shinies that Riot pumps out, but the execution of this was done poorly. It seems to be very /this is for profits/ even if it's not the intention, temporary ONE week passes seems...like poor marketing. I understand the whole "experimenting" to see if they would sell...but you also have to understand that NEVER in the history of this game has Riot ever treated us like consumers so why start now? Not treating us like consumers has set the company apart from every other game out there. Putting it lightly? You're treading in dangerous waters.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2694440

Summoner icons. You're basically selling us what $50 + for 5 "cool" looking icons. They offer nothing special. I mean honestly 95% of the time I don't pay attention to the icons people have in the 5 minutes I have to look at them...they don't matter, while they make the game prettier...a moment of joy, something new and cool...most people enjoy buying RP at their leisure, not being bribed into buying bulks. Perhaps if you did a "RP SALE" or something of that nature. Maybe even expanding the time period in which you had to purchase said amounts of RP, Maybe even offering a "gift" RP options where you could buy RP for another person and that would count towards your 10k RP. So many different ways to make this something to look forward too, it makes me wonder if thought was actually put into how they were going to give this to us.

Anyways, that is just what I think, I'm normally pretty dismissive about things like such, but this...this is screaming out "PUT MONEY IN OUR POCKETS" have we not been loyal enough?

TL;DR
Too much for Too little. Bump thread if you agree!

Schocker

10-18-2012

i'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see ward skins be permanent

Roxabellum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schocker View Post
The argument with that is they don't want Halloween things to be going on in freaking July, I understand that, thats why I think they should be seasonal, but permanent.

QQ Bro

10-18-2012

i agree. i feel a bit... betrayed with the summoner icon deals. ive spent hundreds of dollars over the years, and now i have to spend more... i already have thousands of rp on my account. why should i have to buy more to qualify for these icons. it does make me feel like riot views me as walking credit card instead of a loyal customer.

Riot, ive stood by you guys and been a loyal customer and promoter of this game for almost 3 years, i deserve a bit more than this slap in the face

Kim Jong Peel

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schocker View Post
Just buy Teemo.

Heartatax

10-18-2012

I'm gonna side with OP on this. The idea of spending 800 ip on WARD skins of all things...for just a week? No thanks. Sorry Riot but ya'll need to step up your marketing. Also the summoner icons. Why make it a limited date? People have spent money on this game before October 3rd, I think they deserve it. Getting a lil money hungry I see huh Riot??

UglyDoge

10-18-2012

At these prices, I wouldn't mind buying the cheaper ones with any leftover rp I had, and have them for a week, just for kicks... but for 800RP, for a week? Definitely not worth it. At least make that one permanent if you're asking for 1 to 3 champion's worth of RP, or lower the price to be in line with the others if it *has* to be only for a week.

As I understand it, the icons are just a bonus that's there to entice you to buy *other* content, and if you're spending money just for those icons, you're doing it wrong... but it has been clarified that rp purchases are retroactive, and any rp purchases you made in October count towards those icons.

Roxabellum

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartatax View Post
I'm gonna side with OP on this. The idea of spending 800 ip on WARD skins of all things...for just a week? No thanks. Sorry Riot but ya'll need to step up your marketing. Also the summoner icons. Why make it a limited date? People have spent money on this game before October 3rd, I think they deserve it.

I don't know alot of people that spend $50+ bucks on RP a month.

Heartatax

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxabellum View Post
I don't know alot of people that spend $50+ bucks on RP a month.
$50 for a bunch of icons that people really don't pay attention to..hmm.

UglyDoge

10-18-2012

In any case, It'll be interesting to see how this experiment pans out, between actual sales and the forum fallout. I'm hoping for permanent ward skins sometime in the future.