Why this IS a new map and not TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefddfef View Post
I agree, the change is size is drastic and the walls shouldn't have been made so wide. Additionally the top jungle shouldn't have been removed, was a bad call IMHO.
Walls are wide to prevent extremely mobile champions from gaining a ridiculous advantage, which was another problem in the original Twisted Treeline.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideyoshiX View Post
Walls are wide to prevent extremely mobile champions from gaining a ridiculous advantage, which was another problem in the original Twisted Treeline.
But hey, it's not a problem on SR!

Let him tell you guys, there are no leapable walls in SR, none!

oh, hey MS boost champs don't have any advt on this map guys! No way. Not like rammus can get 600+ MS with his Q super easy, Rumble with his Danger Zone, Jayce with his team speed, Teemo with the only wards and MS, and GP for more team speed.

This map is nothing like TT and saying that is a direct result of your lack of you not playing the old one and appreciating it.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post

oh, hey MS boost champs don't have any advt on this map guys! No way. Not like rammus can get 600+ MS with his Q super easy, Rumble with his Danger Zone, Jayce with his team speed, Teemo with the only wards and MS, and GP for more team speed.

This map is nothing like TT and saying that is a direct result of your lack of you not playing the old one and appreciating it.
Summoner's Rift has 5 players a team, not 3.

Summoner's Rift has more variety in champions.

Summoner's Rift has more walls, but is also bigger and you can't get from mid lane to bot lane in less than 5 seconds WITHOUT BOOTS

HideyoshiX

10-18-2012

Quote:

We've been through this now bro. You've played less of this entire game than I have. You've played less Twisted Treeline than I have.

This is why I was looking down at other people, but other people aren't as bad as you. You're way too adamant in the previous iteration, and you'll keep crying no matter what. Riot can't please everyone, and you can't call yourself a die hard Twisted Treeline player with those stats. You can't call yourself a die hard League player with those stats.

You cannot possibly state you've played more Twisted Treeline than me when I have -triple your wins-.

It's okay though bro. I forgive you for trying to call me out.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxf3 kH View Post
/agree /all
This TT was a small, more controllable SR, NOT Dominion.. I do feel much more rushed and forced to fight than I did on TT (this PBE update is not TT) and it seems that now bruiser champs are even more required because of the whole alter system. TT only needed a small QoL that SR got last season. that is all..... Such a same to see something so good be turned into trash...
Yeah, the TT we all knew and loved is in the trash can with this monstrosity coming out.

I was hoping for the QoL and jungle fix, but nahhhh let's Dominion Rift 3v3 it up SON!

EVERYONE LOVES DOMINION! (no one knows more people did 3s... Shhhhhhhhh)

Please don't mind the pet troll, I had to adopt him because of how much he's followed me :/

Meshly

10-18-2012

This would imply the option of choice, some which Riot and most other game companies will be incompatible with forever.

With the removing of the old TT, goodbye old friend.

(Though I really should actually play the new map first.)

CrankyFilipino

10-18-2012

I was saying this from the moment it was announced. I was promptly downvoted and ridiculed in every thread I said it. However, now everyone is catching up and realizing we don't want a fukcing mini dominion.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up to Code View Post
I was saying this from the moment it was announced. I was promptly downvoted and ridiculed in every thread I said it. However, now everyone is catching up and realizing we don't want a fukcing mini dominion.
yeah basically.

They took away our unique map with many points to control for a map with 1 true point (worse than dominion, SR, or TT) to control.

It's quite sad how simple this map is and how they changed the whole gametype in the process of what I thought would be QoL changes to the TT map...

Twilight Monkey

10-20-2012

Bump

fiddlesticksssss

10-20-2012

Quote:
TT gameplay is based on the same precepts that SR is. It is a similar gameplay based on more macro oriented teamplay, but since the map is smaller and there are smaller avenues more team fighting is inevitable not forced.

The jungle in old TT was super important, but so inconsistent and strong that it was not even looked at by most.

There was game time transition rather than all the action at one point, boss at another gogogogogo.
On the old TT there was a transition in control and relevance (the bots were not totally OP as well. So skipping them for a push was actually worth it Towers were far superior to Drag). Bot is the split push lane, top was the gank roamer with jungler, and top lane was important around the buff time and then Dragon. Dragon was the fight every 5 minutes, compared to 90 seconds that this completely forces. The pacing is completely off.

This map is encouraging very specific fight points, which are far more limiting to the gameplay in comparison to the old TT.
The gameplay in the previous encouraged and enforced more warding (map control), care (longer death timers, creating more careful gameplay as the timer went up), jungling, and overall understanding of the game and map.

Now we are told where to fight and when to fight. On top of this they have dictated the champ selection with their benefits and the speed buff. A speed buff straight from dominion, a cap point straight from dominion, and now unique items just like dominion, and did I mention no wards?

This game mode has been PUSHED from it's original iteration into a complete Dominion Rift 3v3.
Nothing more.

I would be appalled if they pulled TT when they release this.
All TT needed was: Jungle fix, Backdoor fix, Base pull fix, Lane creep balancing, tower fix, and some map redesing (making only particular clear points on the walls that can be jumped, as well as fewer condensed brushes, and a real timeable jungle).
out of everything that i agree with you on there is a fix, that is probably the most important in new TT.....the removal of overwhelming items. So when you lose those first 2 fights, the enemy is rewarded, just not so that the game is over already. GA removal, warmogs removal, and BT removal is probably the best things about new TT. I didn't mind rabadon's that much. GA and warmogs on cho gath early game was so powerful that if you didn't act quick the game could be over. Yes you could drag the game out if you have a good team comp, just bad start, however that cho'gath will dive and kill you if you are not careful. The new items and the fact that tryndamere, ezreal, and gragas can't just bait you into attack them, just to jump over the wall to nexus and be safe. Honestly right now new TT is in beta, and i ****ing hate it. I don't hate the whole thing, i hate the new altars. If you remove the altars you will get wards. Why? Because right now wards would make it so that stealth altaring is impossible, take away altars and bring back top jungle, you will get strategic gameplay back, and games that could rival even some of the closest "high elo play" 5v5 games any day. Right now though, anyone can play it because its way to simple. The bush placement is simple, the altars are simple, the fact that you really don't have to lane and still win....is simple. All because of 3 new items, and they are from the ****ties game map on this, and that is called dominion.