Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jayce Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

10-26-2012

Quote:
TheOneMillion:
I dont get where people are seeing this nerf on his E as "hardly a nerf to its damage. 20% hp of 2500 is 500 damage. Plus the base AD damage, so around 130-140. Thats 640 damage. 160 base damage removed means they nerfed its damage by 20%. Twenty. 20 is not a small amount. It was even more of a nerf early on, where 40 base damage is nearly 25-35% of its damage.

Im not saying it wasnt needed, because it was. However, people cannot not honestly say it was a small damage nerf to E.

QFT. Jayce will still be viable..maybe. But saying its a minor nerf is ridiculous. No other damage nerf in the history of the entire game has been as severe.
Now not only does it cost a fortune to cast but does **** damage.

If they were so worried about Gate/Qball, they could increase cost of Qball. Gate is still very nice for moving around the map, helping teammates, chasing, retreating, etc. All perfectly valid uses for it and there was no need to nerf that use of gate.

Ninjarcane

10-28-2012

Jayce is a very difficult champion to play and his combo gate and 'shock blast' was not only a narrow precise skill shot but also predictable and possible to dodge if you side-step. The shot is not easy to pull off as it needs a clear line of sight to a champion and does not home in. This nerf does not bother me so much though as I just pick up some mana regen. He is very mana hungry early game and has been. My discouragement towards continued play with him is the nerf to 'thundering blow'. The damage reduction is significant. The rest of his moves are good to poke but I would rely on the combo of 'to the skies' then the 'thundering blow' to secure a kill. Since the nerf, most often I can not seal the deal. My number of kills has dramatically dropped.

Ratmachine

10-31-2012

Really, Jayce was a strong poker, but he was pretty much a hit and run, he could not win a basic attack fight with most top laners, i feel like he had a lot of damage with low items, but there's Olaf, Nidalee and other champions that can do damage without items as well, the thing about Jayce is that he's too squishy now, because if you don't build him full DPS he can't do very much damage. He's scaling isn't any good as well, i mean, Jax, Riven, Udyr, they scale like beasts late game, and Jayce don't. He had no sustain in lane, and if you had a gap closer or/and slow, you could easly beat his harass, and even kill him after he E you away. I feel that Jayce is not a strong pick anymore, and that's a bit sad. He does no damage without full DPS items, that takes him out of the bruiser category in my opinion, Irelia can do a lot of damage with just triforce and tank items, just like Jayce could, Riven Has a shield that scales with her AD, Udyr is naturally tanky cause of his build, Jax has that ultimate that scales with his Damage build, Olaf has the true damage with low cooldown, nidale has the mobility without the mana cost, i really feel that Jayce is a bit of everything, but not enough. AND HE HAS NO ULT! HE NEEDS THAT DAMAGE, HE HAS NO OTHER SOURCE OF DAMAGE!, Let's check nidalee, she has no ult, but her takedown does % OF MISSING HEALTH, THAT CAN SCALE RIDICULOUSLY, Elise, the new champion, has no ult, 2 of her skills has % of health damage, i find this ridiculous, you had no reason to nerf him, just because you don't know how to play against him. NERF DIANA AND DARIUS FFS.

Warrrrax

11-01-2012

I think they went a bit overboard with the nerfing and they need to revert the mana-cost nerf. Its stupid for Knockback to cost so much more as it ranks up while getting way less dmg benefit as it ranks (since % dmg early on kind of sucks).

That said, some of the statements are just wrong. Jayce scales like a mofo.
A full combo from Jayce will do 1.68 gated Qball, 1.0 AD autoattack, 3.9 AD hypercharge w/attack reseting, Hammer, Leap 1.0AD, knockback 1.0AD+20% max life == 8.6 AD ratio in like 2 seconds.

Clearly he doesn't scale like an autoattack will, but hes one of the better scaling AD caster types.

Jayce doesn't need an Ult. He has 6 regular skills...granted the aura sucks but instead of an ult, he changes form and can use 3 more skills instead. And he is built to do so.

Saying Nidalee's takedown has %based dmg and so does Elise(8%) is a bit ridiculous when Jayce still has a 20% max health damage skill.

ZeroQuest96

11-02-2012

Jayce was not nerfed hard at all. I've actually found the higher mana cost makes me land my q+e combo more effectively. Basically he's still very strong and very playable still, and I do recommend him as a great top laner.

Warrrrax

11-02-2012

Quote:
ZeroQuest96:
Jayce was not nerfed hard at all. I've actually found the higher mana cost makes me land my q+e combo more effectively. Basically he's still very strong and very playable still, and I do recommend him as a great top laner.

Don't be retarded. Jayce was hugely nerfed. While its great that you have improved with him to compensate, its just dumb to say he wasn't significantly nerfed.

A champ doesn't have to be rendered unplayable to be considered to have been "nerfed". He is still good, and a fine champion.

iTz Jacob

03-21-2014

bumppp

Nobody at all

03-21-2014

why

Warrrrax

03-21-2014

why u necro this old post? u suck.