Jayce Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mungril

10-18-2012

Hey !

I was going to buy Jayce real soon and was exited till I saw his nerf, To make Jayce players choose their shots a bit more carefully, we’re increasing the Mana cost on Acceleration Gate to make him a bit less frustrating to fight against, and We also removed the flat base damage from Thundering Blow to make early exchanges with the Defender of Tomorrow a bit less heavy hitting. These are very hard nerfs which made me think twice when buying Jayce. so, is he still worth buying or should I buy my other choice of solo top, Vladimir.

thanks.

KuraiAnimaQ

10-18-2012

I was gonna buy Jayce too, But after seeing the nerfs, I might choose to buy someone else

AznGreen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

So you only buy champs when they're op and never touch them when they're balanced? There's a reason why people ban Jayce. Shoots you in the face with little cost can hurt pretty bad. Plus, it's not like he's going unusable like the old Eve.

Wicked Dark

10-18-2012

Not really heavy nerfs. You just won't be able to spam eq early game and you won't do ridiculous burst with your E in melee for until you build some ad up. Though tbh I prefer vlad over Jayce but Vlad is my favourite champ so I'm biased.

Enfillyon

10-18-2012

i dont feel the nerfs hurt him too much tbh

the amount of harass i got off in lane was ridiculously high
now you have to pick and choose your fights more carefully like everyone else up there

havent played him with them but I think the feel of the champ was left intact and thats what I enjoy about playing jayce

Reiji Ozora

10-18-2012

The acceleration gate was only really good early on for making the shots harder to dodge. Mana-wise, they were inefficient at bringing up the damage. Using the gate before level 5 can't really be justified unless

1) You are burning mana just to harass harder (the damage per mana is still less using the gate)
2)securing a kill
3) shot would not land without acceleration

Jayce was so OP, I don't think the nerfs will hurt him too much. Still, I did recently buy him and it has taken me quite a few practice games to get used to him. Hopefully the mana change on the gate isn't too much.

xELEVATEDx

10-18-2012

Jayce is great, regardless of these nerfs. His pokes are almost unrivaled, and his slow and knockback can be crucial in teamfights, as well as his acceleration gate. I say give him a try, he's real fun!

GTL

Tigerabit

10-24-2012

Why didn't Riot nerf base damage on E not take it away the damage all together. And mana cost more really -.- hard to regen mana as him. It's not like he wasn't op, but hes already had a nerf. No one complained until Dyrus played him. Why nerf him so many other broken champs.

Johnnie5DubV

10-24-2012

I would have rathered they lowered the base damage on his 'q' decreasing his poke damage. I think hammer form is an afterthought now. Now i think champs like akali and irelia will just jump on him all the time as they no longer have to fear his knockback damage.

Lord Ryushishin

10-25-2012

The E Mana cost increase is very managable if you play wisely and can make advantage of your Hammer Mode W.

Plus the removal of the base damage is no big deal. You still have all that bonus AD scaling. And the fact it is a % HP nuke so losing off that little extra base damage is really only gonna be more like a kick to the balls and then brushing yourself off and getting up.