The DFG nerf was too harsh.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blasthorn

Recruiter

10-19-2012

Well, to be unpopular, they dialed down my suggestion. I wanted to remove Irelia from the game.

I think that champion's existence destroys diversity and interest - you should just use Hiten Style on all enemy champions, and all balance needs to factor in an extra nuke. There's no case where Irelia is good and Irelia isn't abusive - that basically is the definition of toxic.

Drago6817

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Well, to be unpopular, they dialed down my suggestion. I wanted to remove it from the game.

I think that item's existence destroys diversity and interest - you should just use DFG on all burst casters, and all balance needs to factor in an extra nuke. There's no case where DFG is good and DFG isn't abusive - that basically is the definition of toxic.
I hate every time you use "toxic" to me it's just an excuse word for not wanting to solve a problem through innovation and instead just removing it from the game ala eve.

How about instead of making the item useless you make it a CHOICE which affects the game. This way we have interesting items that do something and you won't be crying "toxic" all the time. DFG should do a high amount of damage and have no other effects on it. This will force people to choose between AP/CDR or another burst spell, then actually balance around this.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrivederco View Post
Morello, please tell me you're considering the DFG nerf and the Eve nerf together.

Combined they are probably the single biggest nerf a champ has ever recieved in a patch.
so quickly they forget what ultimate troll guinsoo, dumbest man at riot IMO, did to morde.

4muse

10-20-2012

Quote:
Well, to be unpopular, they dialed down my suggestion. I wanted to remove it from the game.

I think that item's existence destroys diversity and interest - you should just use DFG on all burst casters, and all balance needs to factor in an extra nuke. There's no case where DFG is good and DFG isn't abusive - that basically is the definition of toxic.

How is someone as retarded as you srsly in charge of balancing?

By your logic you should remove BT/PD/IE from the game because all ADC's use it.

▀unnySmasher

10-20-2012

Imo DFG new active: For the next 8 sec. your spells deal 25% more damage (10% for aoe) 1 min cooldown.

Is a good way to balance out, AP burst casters without giving them an abusive DFG use.

Un4gott3n1337

10-20-2012

Not too harsh its an item that gives you an extra burst damage good to go in or kill. Still does the same thing just doesn't completely wreck people

Afflictid

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ▀unnySmasher View Post
Imo DFG new active: For the next 8 sec. your spells deal 25% more damage (10% for aoe) 1 min cooldown.

Is a good way to balance out, AP burst casters without giving them an abusive DFG use.

That does way more for sustained damage casters than burst damage. Ryze and Cass with that. Mother of god. If it was like, 3 seconds it would be better for burst.

orc72

10-20-2012

Quote:
Temporarily - we're seeing burst men be really good in S3 playtests. Instead of crutching them on the item, I like the more holistic approach to this problem.

Does this mean some of the S3 items benefit burst mages?

L33tT4rd

10-23-2012

Bull****. They shouldn't touch any of this. We all know Riot loves tanky bruisers, this just further proves said point. No love for AP....AT ALL!

Hell, we need more armor items. Hourglass is the only big one. That and Glacial Shroud (Woopie dee doo!)

Edit: As someone stated: It's the champion, not the item.

Edit 2: They love any AD champion for that matter. Right click to win, right? Also, I see people are QQing about DFG having 2 abilities. They already removed the mana regen.....WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?! ADs have crits, why can't an AP have one (metaphorically speaking) on a MINUTE cooldown? People just need to learn to shut up IMO.

Edit 3: To further go on ADs have a counter to tanky HP tanks, they have Madred's Bloodrazer. Why can't AP have something? Seriously guys, stop whining.

XopandaoX

10-24-2012

Personally I think they should nerf the DFG.

Current:
+80 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Active: Deals magic damage to target champion equal to 25% of their current Health (+4% per 100 Ability Power) with a minimum of 200 damage (60 second cooldown).

What I think New DFG Should be:
+80 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Active: Deals magic damage to target champion equal to (+6% per 100 Ability Power) with a minimum of 100 damage (60 second cooldown).

With this fix it eliminates the early burst, however later in the game when you have 400-800 AP you will still have an extra burst dmg attack that will do 24-48% of the targets health.

Most AP casters rely on the CD reduction.