The DFG nerf was too harsh.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Good idea, imo ;p
I'm a Veigar mainer, but I do understand your point here: it's ridiculously good.

I think people are anxious mostly because it might mean there'll be a significant span of time where DFG will be gone but Veigar won't have anything else going for him. You guys have a lot on your plate, and we're not sure how long it will take before you give Veigar (an older, less-popular champ to begin with) some buffs.

Then again, perhaps these S3 items will help.

My own tentative thought would be that you could make an item that works well on burst mages. Like, "target an enemy champ. For the next 2 seconds, all your spells do +25% damage to them."

Dimmu Mikeir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Well, to be unpopular, they dialed down my suggestion. I wanted to remove it from the game.

I think that item's existence destroys diversity and interest - you should just use DFG on all burst casters, and all balance needs to factor in an extra nuke. There's no case where DFG is good and DFG isn't abusive - that basically is the definition of toxic.
My man Morello! you have read my mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I hate this item, I hate it so much... I weep at the people who accually like this thing, that distorts champion balance... if only people could see the light, that if DFG were GONE, many of our beloved AP champions could be BUFFED! It kills me that a item that might not even be bought holds champions back so much.

To all the people who are sad for eve or DFG i say to you: "If DFG was gone, eve would (eventually) get buffed, as well as many other champions who commonly buy this item, ahri, kat, and god knows who else!" I have wished for this a long time, and today a tear came from my eye, the joy that someone out there in Riot shares my dream of deleting this **** item.

Pryotra

10-18-2012

Quote:
I agree - we'll watch this as closely as Sona.
I keep hearing this... its starting to sound like a broken record in here...

Why so many changes at once? How can you keep apart the different pieces to tell what hurts and what helped? Hard to tell if everything is still balanced in a single change when half the population is effected by one change or another, in some cases by multiple. Eve is a prime example of where the lines will be difficult to draw, but I am sure she isn't alone here.

ViashinoWizard

10-18-2012

Are we going to see an item similar to Blackfire Torch for SR in S3 to fill DFG's spot as anti-bruiser AP item?

LargeSnorlax

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrivederco View Post
tldr: why can't I run past wards into the enemy jungle by myself with no MR, panic when I take 60% of my hp in burst instead of reacting intelligently to defend myself against someone who just blew their spells on me and is vulnerable?
Hey, it's someone trying to sound smart, but instead sounding like a moron.

Good luck "reacting intelligently" to an evelynn gank. She disappeared for 10 seconds? OMG EVERYONE PANIC *PINGPINGPING* EVE MIA EVE MIA.

It's like a 5 alarm fire when Evelynn is collecting her own wraiths. Clearly no cause for panic

BelligerentGnu

10-18-2012

Morello, what about the fact that there are now no CDR + AP items that don't force you to buy mana as well?

Maxnormal

10-18-2012

Quote:
Well, to be unpopular, they dialed down my suggestion. I wanted to remove it from the game.
Do you have a learning disability?

When are you going to get ****ing fired you worthless sack of ****?

AbysmalVoid

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJesse View Post
wtf 6% of someone's hp every time you get 100 Ap?
Yeah, at 500 AP it would be even with the old DFG

albert2006xp

10-18-2012

what about the casters other than eve that depended on dfg? i.e Veigar or Mordekaiser. Those are barely viable picks even with the op dfg..

SirPanty

10-18-2012

Quote:
I agree - we'll watch this as closely as Sona.
How about chaning it's active? If the problem is that extra nuke, then give it back the cdr and give it something which still helps bursty champs besides an extra nuke (like a temp AP boost for example based on either a flat amount or %).