The DFG nerf was too harsh.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 37
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Afflictid

10-18-2012

I understand you wanting to reduce the base % damage, but then you need to increase the bonus % per 100 ability power by more than 1%. It should be 6%.

The base is going from 25% to 15%. The point was to make it less amazing to buy as a first item, but the scaling wasn't increased enough. They're also completely removing the CDR.

Wabbitseason

10-18-2012

wtf 6% of someone's hp every time you get 100 Ap?

Rysophage

10-18-2012

tanky assassins and assassins in general need to die in a fire. this item makes everyone who builds it kill carries in two hits and its grossly unfair.

Sammystorm

10-18-2012

ummm. no

Afflictid

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJesse View Post
wtf 6% of someone's hp every time you get 100 Ap?
The base is going from 25% to 15%. The point was to make it less amazing to buy as a first item, but the scaling wasn't increased enough. They're also completely removing the CDR.

Kaicha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

They should either remove the CDR or nerf the damage. Not both

TheOneMillion

10-18-2012

I say Nerf the damage. That CDR was one of ... 1 offensive items with CDR without mana (disregarding boots).

dev1lb3ast

10-18-2012

My Veigar is very sad

Doom Maggot

10-18-2012

You'll need 1000 AP to get it back to the same damage as the current version.

DarkerNectron

10-18-2012

The nerf does seem a bit harsh, hitting the early game is fine and all, but if someone's building pure AP they should be rewarded with more damage than the item was originally doing because the items early game is worse!

DFG is broken ATM because it enables AP carries to snowball. Removing the early game potential from the item is just going to force any AP mid to build Chalice or Abyssal instead. Not to mention that people don't build DFG for late game. If the patch goes through with these changes I expect LB to be unplayable and Veigar to be the only character who might rush the item (although I think chalice to be better rush on him anyway).

1234511 ... 37