The Altars..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

10-19-2012

It also bother me how the Altars get their own special tips at the start of the match and announcements. SR never tells me when Blue Golem and Red Lizard have spawned, or when they've been killed, or give me the tip at the start of the match that "Killing Blue Golem gives you increased mana regen".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HayabusaZero

Senior Member

10-19-2012

While i haven't play the map yet (since i don't have a PBE account), i have seen a lot of streams about it (especially Sam's), and i have to agree that the Altars and the Speed Boost are somewhat out of place in this map. While they are a great idea on paper, they make the teams to focus on them to force battles against the opponents. This is not needed in this particular map, because you already have that in the old TT.

My proposition would be to replace the altars with mini-boost creeps and change the center Speed Boost to the classic Red Buff of TT (to have another possible objective on the map other than Vilemaw).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayabusaZero View Post
While i haven't play the map yet (since i don't have a PBE account), i have seen a lot of streams about it (especially Sam's), and i have to agree that the Altars and the Speed Boost are somewhat out of place in this map. While they are a great idea on paper, they make the teams to focus on them to force battles against the opponents. This is not needed in this particular map, because you already have that in the old TT.

My proposition would be to replace the altars with mini-boost creeps and change the center Speed Boost to the classic Red Buff of TT (to have another possible objective on the map other than Vilemaw).

i concur. i like the idea of mini bosses instead of altars.

oh. you said "mini-boost". nevermind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prandine

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideyoshiX View Post
I have 100+ games on Dominion..because my friend forces me to play it with him.

I'm not all powerful or immortal or anything, I have weaknesses too and playing with my friends is often one of them.

So I troll and just play things that I think will be fun, and when I do poorly oh well. The amount of try harding in Dominion of all things amazes me. I like to win, as a competitive person I like to win. But I don't care nearly as much about winning in Dominion, and in my personal views I don't see why anyone would.
Like any game mode, people want to win, and dominion places allot of emphasis on teamwork, something you obviously refuse to grasp judging from your post. If you don't/refuse to make a decent attempt to work together with your teammates, then it makes it that much harder to win (doesn't make it impossible as it's always possible to make a come-from-behind victory in dominion but you know what I mean).

Why do you hate dominion anyway? You said in some other posts on here that you hate dominion but you haven't stated why.

For TT, I've seen on this thread the majority of posters are bashing the remake of the map, yet I've hardly seen anyone offer solutions and to me people are just letting their rage cloud their judgement. It's okay if you don't like something, but offering some respectful CnC helps riot determine what people would like to be changed.

Also, just because TT now has a speed shrine and capture points that doesn't mean it's like dominion. The shrine and points are just 2 different parts of the map, not all the map consists of contrary to popular belief. The map still has players focus on the normal laning phase but adds the different altars as another way to help the team similar to items. I mostly play dominion, but I do play SR every now and then, and the altars are not that much different than the buff-holding jungle monsters on SR and the former TT other than the fact that shrines don't defend themselves unlike in dominion when they do when controlled by a team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prandine View Post
Like any game mode, people want to win, and dominion places allot of emphasis on teamwork, something you obviously refuse to grasp judging from your post. If you don't/refuse to make a decent attempt to work together with your teammates, then it makes it that much harder to win (doesn't make it impossible as it's always possible to make a come-from-behind victory in dominion but you know what I mean).

Why do you hate dominion anyway? You said in some other posts on here that you hate dominion but you haven't stated why.

For TT, I've seen on this thread the majority of posters are bashing the remake of the map, yet I've hardly seen anyone offer solutions and to me people are just letting their rage cloud their judgement. It's okay if you don't like something, but offering some respectful CnC helps riot determine what people would like to be changed.

Also, just because TT now has a speed shrine and capture points that doesn't mean it's like dominion. The shrine and points are just 2 different parts of the map, not all the map consists of contrary to popular belief. The map still has players focus on the normal laning phase but adds the different altars as another way to help the team similar to items. I mostly play dominion, but I do play SR every now and then, and the altars are not that much different than the buff-holding jungle monsters on SR and the former TT other than the fact that shrines don't defend themselves unlike in dominion when they do when controlled by a team.
not everyone in this thread is "bashing" the new TT.. just because they said they don't like the altars doesn't mean that they're "raging".. they asked for feedback, and we're giving it to them.. i'm sorry that you just perceived it as hatefulness.. but then again, that's how i perceived your post as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prandine

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRgamel View Post
not everyone in this thread is "bashing" the new TT.. just because they said they don't like the altars doesn't mean that they're "raging".. they asked for feedback, and we're giving it to them.. i'm sorry that you just perceived it as hatefulness.. but then again, that's how i perceived your post as well.
I wasn't trying to rage at anyone and if I did then I apologize. I have read over all of the comments in this thread, and allot of them (not all mind you) seem to be saying that they hate the altars but not offering up some solutions as how to fix them (other than just remove the altars all-together).

I can understand feedback can be both positive and negative, but for the negative, it usually helps if ideas/solutions on how to improve on what people think needs improving are included as well.

I again apologize if I sounded rude and/or disrespectful in my original post as that wasn't my intention, but I just felt that I needed to say that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeilPatrickTaric

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prandine View Post
I wasn't trying to rage at anyone and if I did then I apologize. I have read over all of the comments in this thread, and allot of them (not all mind you) seem to be saying that they hate the altars but not offering up some solutions as how to fix them (other than just remove the altars all-together).

I can understand feedback can be both positive and negative, but for the negative, it usually helps if ideas/solutions on how to improve on what people think needs improving are included as well.

I again apologize if I sounded rude and/or disrespectful in my original post as that wasn't my intention, but I just felt that I needed to say that.
Seeing as how you said that the Altars arent the main focus in TT, I'm going to assume you haven't played the beta yet. The game now starts with each team standing on their respective Altars waiting for them to unlock.. then you head back to lane.. kill a few minions and head back into the jungle a minute later (30 seconds early to ensure the enemy isn't at your altar) to capture it again and trying to contest theirs so they don't get the buff. These Altars are now essential to winning because If you ignorenthem the othernteam has a gigantic advantage no matter your cs compared to theirs. Once one team starts snoballing they own the altars for the rest of the game and in return own your soul.
The solution is to simply remove them.. that is the way to fix the problem. They change the game play far too much.. imagine Altars on SR in the river that respwaned every 90 seconds and gave you a team wide buff... and even a far superior buff if you controlled both.. no one would ever be in lane. Cant imagine that? K.. imagine baron was passive aggressive and spawned 30 seconds into the game and respwaned every 90 seconds? No ones laning. the game is now a deathmatch outside baron's cove.

What I'd really like to see is the Altars and Speed shrine removed and replaced with one single mini boss in the middle of the jungle that takes a whole team to defeat that gives a team wide buff. And it wouldn't be easily killed at level one and DEFINITELY not respwan every minute and a half.. maybe around two and a half.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-19-2012

I see it like this. Lead design on the new TT map, hated TT and probably only played it 10 times. Then when the actually TT player on that set team tried to explain how bad altars would be, but the leader wouldn't budge he said let me handle items then. That is why items are actually a good change, and the altars are complete garbage. That's how it feels anyways. I would rather altars removed, speed buff put in middle if NEED be, and top jungle returned, with a nerfed vision of wards "so it doesn't completely take away ganking paths". That is honestly the best change i could hope for on new TT. Or they just put new TT under dominion and keep old TT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilPatrickTaric View Post
Seeing as how you said that the Altars arent the main focus in TT, I'm going to assume you haven't played the beta yet. The game now starts with each team standing on their respective Altars waiting for them to unlock.. then you head back to lane.. kill a few minions and head back into the jungle a minute later (30 seconds early to ensure the enemy isn't at your altar) to capture it again and trying to contest theirs so they don't get the buff. These Altars are now essential to winning because If you ignorenthem the othernteam has a gigantic advantage no matter your cs compared to theirs. Once one team starts snoballing they own the altars for the rest of the game and in return own your soul.
The solution is to simply remove them.. that is the way to fix the problem. They change the game play far too much.. imagine Altars on SR in the river that respwaned every 90 seconds and gave you a team wide buff... and even a far superior buff if you controlled both.. no one would ever be in lane. Cant imagine that? K.. imagine baron was passive aggressive and spawned 30 seconds into the game and respwaned every 90 seconds? No ones laning. the game is now a deathmatch outside baron's cove.

What I'd really like to see is the Altars and Speed shrine removed and replaced with one single mini boss in the middle of the jungle that takes a whole team to defeat that gives a team wide buff. And it wouldn't be easily killed at level one and DEFINITELY not respwan every minute and a half.. maybe around two and a half.
Lets say 4 "2 minutes of buff time, 2 minutes preparing to take it again", also return top jungle. Don't put buff creeps if you don't want, but the fact that its DEAD obvious when you are going to take vilemaw, is completely stupid. That's like saying "lets have everyone have vision on baron for the rest of the game". I swear this map.....needs a lot of work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
It also bother me how the Altars get their own special tips at the start of the match and announcements. SR never tells me when Blue Golem and Red Lizard have spawned, or when they've been killed, or give me the tip at the start of the match that "Killing Blue Golem gives you increased mana regen".
I don't mind it, but like Dominion I wish I could turn the ****ing things off because I'm tired of clicking on them.