The Altars..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mine Jump View Post
Ah. Well, we definitely agree on that point. They could make 3v3 a map where you could only navigate by timing your character's /dance emote and only attack by yelling into your microphone with the damage based on volume and I would still play it more than Dominion.
I have 100+ games on Dominion..because my friend forces me to play it with him.

I'm not all powerful or immortal or anything, I have weaknesses too and playing with my friends is often one of them.

So I troll and just play things that I think will be fun, and when I do poorly oh well. The amount of try harding in Dominion of all things amazes me. I like to win, as a competitive person I like to win. But I don't care nearly as much about winning in Dominion, and in my personal views I don't see why anyone would.

Desocupado

10-18-2012

Altars should influence the towers.
If you team controls enemy altar their towers fire 50% slower.
If your team controls your altar, you could keep the buff (but perhaps not the gold, just increase initial gold anyway)

Bahpah

Krshna

10-18-2012

what they should do is remove the speed shrine from the middle, make there be just one altar in the middle to fight over

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
what they should do is remove the speed shrine from the middle, make there be just one altar in the middle to fight over
Still forces only one point of true control in the game.

Compared to TT's jungle and buff timers.

Fights were forced by players, not the map!

blindasleep

10-19-2012

The altars themselves are fine, but there isn't a jungle between them. you can go from one to the other in no time without the speed buff. Wards seem to be removed because riot realized that the map will just thrust everyone to the "jungle", if you can even call it that.There's no reason to even go to the bottom lane. The old upper jungle could have been cut back, and changes made to the lower jungle, i.e. more varied buffs or some new path design. The style is awesome, but the map lacks substance. We could have been given the proving grounds as a regular map with a 3v3 option and it would have been more satisfying.They basically threw out everything good about the old TT and left a *******ized mini Dominion in its place. I'm sure they put a lot of though and time into this, but it should not go active with the patch, or any time soon.This needs a near complete rethink.I love doing 3v3 with my friends when we can be on together, and we tend to crush even using less popular team comps. The map needed work, not to be tossed out for a prettier more streamlined model that only has a few similar features. It had a great community with far less trolls that SR, because it did so much right in the first place.This just makes me not want to anything but 5v5 and the rampant trolling there sometimes makes me think about uninstalling and putting my time and money into other things.Th new items need to be adjusted as well, I do believe they are a good idea and would open up team comps more even on the old TT map.

PooOnUrChest69

10-19-2012

Agreed. I want to farm, gank and team fight over dragon/spider. I do not want to have to fight every 90 seconds over an altar that gives a team wide buff until the other team recaptures theirs. What if we know our team is a bit weaker at early levels, are we suppose to just let the other team take our altar? Or do we team fight them and die and then have them take it?

I have no clue why Riot felt the need to increase the ease of snowballing on this map as well as the pacing. The change alone to the nexus turret proximity will decrease the length of games. I personally felt the pacing of treeline was great for the vast majority of the games I played on it. Now it seems like it will be similar to dominion with constant fighting and one team gaining a huge advantage and snowballing out of control.

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooOnUrChest69 View Post
Agreed. I want to farm, gank and team fight over dragon/spider. I do not want to have to fight every 90 seconds over an altar that gives a team wide buff until the other team recaptures theirs. What if we know our team is a bit weaker at early levels, are we suppose to just let the other team take our altar? Or do we team fight them and die and then have them take it?

I have no clue why Riot felt the need to increase the ease of snowballing on this map as well as the pacing. The change alone to the nexus turret proximity will decrease the length of games. I personally felt the pacing of treeline was great for the vast majority of the games I played on it. Now it seems like it will be similar to dominion with constant fighting and one team gaining a huge advantage and snowballing out of control.
I also agree. There was nothing wrong with the pacing of this map; 20 to 25 minute games were nice. I'm not a huge fan of being forced into a team fight, especially when i'm not ready to team fight. They seemingly made tanks even more powerful on this map. Once they get the advantage, good luck gettin' 'em off that Altar.. and once they get those Altars, good luck stopping them from tanking your turrets with ease. but that shouldn't even be a problem in the first place.. Altars don't belong in this map. It's completely changed how TT is played and it wasn't for the best.

Godr´x

10-19-2012

i like the alters it makes a team decide are you willing to give up a point for 90 secs so you can push down a turret or cap the other teams point or are you gonna fight it knowing ether A) your team is weaker at team fights at w.e point of the game or B) know you gonna successfully defend the point and probably score an ace you DONT have to have both points at all times to win the game ppl dont be stupid and give an ace just cuz you think you need 1 point at all times

spardaforcedge

Recruiter

10-19-2012

the alters are giving way to much of an advantage to any team, the blanace issue for one team getting ahead was just fixed and now that the alters have come out that problem has been created again. the extra gold from one is fine but i believe hat the 10% damage and 10% ability power is just way to much