The Altars..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRgamel View Post
i'm guessing this is to have vision? if they're going to do anything like wards, they should just put a limit on how many you can have placed at one time.. i think that would solve a lot of issues.
Nah replace the altars with these. You can bring buffs back too and top jungle. Because of altars everything has to be focused in the middle. I know riot won't take them out, but if they did wards would still be way to strong for their braindead straight walk from top to bot. So the lanterns would be a new type. They have less vision, and its still pretty much the same thing as wards, but they can only be in a select few places i.e. if you had a white buff in middle then there would be 1 lantern. If the enemy lights it, just buy water, and light it yourself. Same thing as green/pink. Then you have 3 jungle camps top. Say 1 is in the middle "a buff" green maybe. Then you have 2 more for farming, and ofc you have vilemaw pit in the back. You would have a lantern in the middle and in the grass. There are flaws with it, because i am coming up with this on my own and can't think straight, but that is the basic idea of it. It brings back the original idea, while keeping things that shadow isles have, that old TT did not. Honestly right now the tiers of champions have not changed. So saying altars and speed shrine is for them is just silly. People are carrying from 0 to diamond "cough Riot Vesh" by using only darius/lee sin/ and shen.

Edit: You can say its the undead spirits agreeing to help you in your battle for the shadow isles and the water is holy water. Something spooky for lore purposes.

Feckley

10-26-2012

I don't mind them that much. It's a cool idea but I don't like the lockout timers. I think they should take a bit more time to be captured but be vulnerable to be recaptured at any time. This would give the jungler the decision of gank a lane or try and control altars.

I think more creeps need to be added to the jungle. If the only way of doing that is removing the altars then I support that. One possible solution is adding a mob that spawns on the altars to give more resistance to the altars and more creeps for the jungler.

Boagster

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon666 View Post
i havent played it yet lucky jerks, but tower fights is lol and i guess they just trash the old game we got hooked on dominion sucks cap is to important and is just a constant struggle and never feels right...at first it did but then it turned into bd warfair and it drives me nuts and sr takes to long 3v3 cuts some time of standing arround in sr......take it how u want close to fing up the game though....where is death match mode
Please, don't comment if you haven't played it yet. The new map isn't about capturing points, they are only a secondary objective. It's the players that are putting this undue emphasis on them. Riot can help by nerfing the buff for having both, but it's the attitude of the players that needs to change. I've found I've had far more success ignoring them unless I know it's safe (see two out of three enemies clear across the map, for example). Team fighting at the altars is asking for the game to snowball one way or the other, and it's hard to give yourself the advantage in the fight if you are the team capping the altar.

Boagster

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckley View Post
<snip>
I think more creeps need to be added to the jungle. If the only way of doing that is removing the altars then I support that. One possible solution is adding a mob that spawns on the altars to give more resistance to the altars and more creeps for the jungler.
This.

This is a very good idea. Possibly make the monster on the altar aggro anyone who steps on the altar that doesn't control it? That would give the jungler the option of "kill it for more xp/gold, or leave it for altar protection?"

Rabbi Daniel

10-26-2012

I agree that the altars take away from the fun of the map. The same map with no altars would be more fun in my opinion.

Haeval

playerwinner

10-26-2012

I hope they can add more jungle camps/buffs with the removal of them.

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
this isn't what this thread is about. we like the new twisted treelines but
we're not fans of the Altars. if the Altars weren't there, we could begin to
change the map completely.

For instance, if the Altars weren't there, you could have a Creep Camp and it
would add more pathing through the jungle making for strategic places to fight.

There is FAR too much emphasis on the middle jungle in Twisted Treelines..
If they wanted to make a map where you fight in the jungle, they should have
made a map where theres ONLY jungle.. one lane surrounded by nothing but jungle. 2v2...
1 mid, 1 jungle.. that'd be far cooler.

As of now, the Altars are quite problematic. they change the game mode into something
that no longer resembles DoTA. I'm glad they're trying new things, but they shouldn't have
tried it with something people already adored. The map use to be a miniature Summoner's Rift
where you could scrimmage against another team of three to test your skills.

I learned to play this game in Twisted Treeline because Summoner's Rift intimidated me.
But Twisted Treeline will no longer be a good place to hone your skills and prepare for SR
because it plays much differently.

Nezuki

10-26-2012

why are so many people comparing the new TT to dominion?
I've played both, it isn't like classic, for sure, but it sure as hell isn't Dominion. If anything it is a unique fusion of the two.

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezuki View Post
why are so many people comparing the new TT to dominion?
I've played both, it isn't like classic, for sure, but it sure as hell isn't Dominion. If anything it is a unique fusion of the two.
unique doesn't automatically mean good. and by saying the new TT is a "unique fusion of the two", you're still comparing it to Dominion yourself.