The Altars..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

joe42

10-20-2012

altars are dominioninsss

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

I like the idea of them. It gives you a reason to not stay turtled up, much like baron and buffs do in SR. At the same time, i feel they are contestable too often, and i feel they are too powerful early game to really change that. Maybe if they had a longer lock time and didnt activate until later in the game, while being a bit harder to capture (longer time needed)

Henry Plainview

10-21-2012

One thing that really annoys me is how long it takes for them to unlock in the beginning. Yes, you can go contest the other team's altar, but that's pretty dangerous since if they kill you they'll go and take yours and you're at a huge disadvantage. So people just sit on the altar until it unlocks and it's like Dominion where you do absolutely nothing for the first 2 minutes. I hate it.

NeilPatrickTaric

10-23-2012

They made an announcement and the first paragraph said they heard the communities concerns so I got excited... I continued to read and realized they haven't changed ANYTHING even though they said a "new beta in next patch".. why are they asking for feedback if they don't even acknowledge our existence?

This needs to be read.. so, BUMP

GREchronicEN

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideyoshiX View Post
All these coming from people who no doubt dislike grouping up for objectives.

And from unranked/extremely low ranked players who haven't yet learned to see the value of teamwork in 3s against teams who also use teamwork.

Sigh, these people are going to ruin what is going to make this map fun and exciting
no one is saying "scrap the map" thats exactly what we are AGAINST
people want variety. i dont understand riot. are they even reading this? "we appreciate feedback""we appreciate feedback""we appreciate feedback""we appreciate feedback""we appreciate feedback""we appreciate feedback... i swear"

"ok now let us tell you want you want"
...PLEASE

EDIT - also i play threes a lot, and imo in the old school tt teamwork/team strat is essential. so what that there's a meta? so what that support "doesn't work" (except for nunu, blitz, maokai, shen, even taric) i think a lot of the complaints are from the casual players who never learned the nuances of threes, and hence, have problems when they try and play toons the way they do in fives.

Ivanosauros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

I feel that these altars are adding nothing beneficial to 3v3 - it removes a lot of the jungle area and it promotes excessive jungle teamfighting, even more so than what already occurs. it could both lengthen hugely and shorten immensely 3s games.

One of the major aspects of 3v3 was the ability to farm while being in a high-risk, high-stress environment. This made pushing champions extremely viable - this centralization in teamfighting could very well make champions like Karma (who is EXTREMELY dependent on farm when going AP) obsolete, that's not even mentioning the fact that damaging bruisers will hold the center stage. This is promoting a dominion-esque playstyle, only with fewer people involved. Who dominates Dominion? Bruisers. Who doesn't? Pushers. Squishies. Glass cannons. If you start to mix Dominionesque playstyle with low player count, the most common picks will be jax, fiora, darius and wukong - other classes of champions will simply not be able to survive in an arena envirionment.

Lenowill

10-23-2012

I like the altars so far. They incentivize teamfighting and have a sense of timing to them (there's strategy in _when_ you want to cap-lock a point, sort of like the old "Timed Killing" strategy element in Guild Wars 1's Guild vs. Guild PvP...).

I enjoy SR, Dominion, and TT, and enjoy them for different reasons.

This isn't old TT though. That is for sure. It's something much more vigorous and quick that lets more champions into the mix. (And yes, it really does appear to do that.)

Blurry420

10-23-2012

The capture points scare me more than the speed thing does. I'll try it and see before I make any final judgments but I just don't see why the old TT didn't just get the fountain moved further back and some other tweaks like that instead. I love the art style of the new TT though and I hope it is made to work well. I especially hope the new TT metagame does allow all roles(support and jungler) to be viable.

AntaresSoul

10-23-2012

nice...

16b

10-23-2012

If the altars were removed I'd accept all the other changes without argument. I'm all for new items and a new map, but now we need to jungle fight every 90 seconds and push when we can. The focus of the game has changed.