The Altars..

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I think i speak for (mostly) everyone when i say they should be removed. The game revolves too much around trying to capture these points so that you have the advantage. Why not make 2 more mini bosses the give you a team wide buff? because right now, it's just far too easy to hold a point with zero resistance once you get slighty ahead of the other team.. then there is no catching up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
With the altars, we're going to be tuning them out. So if you have further feedback about them, why you like or dislike them, definitely speak your mind. All feedback is good (especially negative), as they've been in flux for quite a while, and I anticipate that by the time we leave beta, they'll be quite different than how they are now.
slightly good news. I had to go diggin' around the PBE forums for this, but it gives me hope that they may even be removed all together.

WrathgarWarlord

10-18-2012

Agreed.

BananaSalsa

10-18-2012

exactly..
we like the laning.
we like the similar feel to SR, just smaller teams and a smaller map.
if we wanted to play Dominion, we'd play dominion.
this is a different map, not a different game mode.
and if you MUST keep the Altars, which i REALLY hope you don't, please add wards back into the game or make the Altars visible at all times on the minimap.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Or you just hold 1 point and no one has a super advantage.

I dont love the idea of the altars or speed shrine but I dont hate it to the point I wont play the map.

Zerglinator

10-18-2012

Removed? I don't think so. Altered? Probably.

FunkeBaus

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Crave View Post
Or you just hold 1 point and no one has a super advantage.

I dont love the idea of the altars or speed shrine but I dont hate it to the point I wont play the map.
why do i have to focus on capturing a point? i'm not playing dominion. i'd rather push a tower and be ganked. not every 90 seconds everyone meets at the capture points to have a team fight.

BiG Cantaloupe

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSalsa View Post
exactly..
we like the laning.
we like the similar feel to SR, just smaller teams and a smaller map.
if we wanted to play Dominion, we'd play dominion.
this is a different map, not a different game mode.
and if you MUST keep the Altars, which i REALLY hope you don't, please add wards back into the game or make the Altars visible at all times on the minimap.

Quote:
why do i have to focus on capturing a point? i'm not playing dominion. i'd rather push a tower and be ganked. not every 90 seconds everyone meets at the capture points to have a team fight.
THIS. THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. Why do I have to disregard everythign I was doing, to ensure my teammates don't die, and that I'm the ace, and that they just get both capture points. By that time, the new respawn timers are done and I'm already back at my turret. You can't push unless you kill close to their tower. There isn't enough time.

Get these stupid altars out of here. It literally killed the only game mode I still play this game for.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Remove them

They remove 3/4 of the jungle for them and they are simply too important. Ont top of that you removed the two part jungle we had. Y'know top and bottom, which each required control in order to win.

Why replace 3/4 of the jungle with two Altars that can be abused by champs that can get MS and rush them together and pull back whenever? Why remove HALF THE MAP? Why remove any form of map control (something that was super vital on the old TT)?

Explain how all this makes the map feel like TT and I will give you a cookie.

I am waiting on a real RIOT explanation for this one.

Diskings

10-18-2012

Yes, nobody wants alters. Like others have said, if I wanted to play dominion (I don't), I'd play dominion. Want to know why I don't want to play dominion? Because it isn't very good (no offense). Why take elements from something that isn't very good and put it into something else. Are you hoping it is equally not good?

GRRgamel

10-18-2012

I understand they want to invoke team fights in the jungle, but there's no reason for it. Capturing a point isn't fun. if you want to make it a "Capture the point" type game, take the towers down, remove the nexus, get rid of the creeps, add more jungle minions and add a Flag at each base.. Capture the Flag! and a whole new game mode + map is born. You're ruining the fun of TT by trying to make it something it's not. I personally like the new lay out, and i can understand getting rid of the top jungle, but why the Altars? Why?

1234511 ... 13