How do I time last hits in early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InvincibleForce

10-18-2012

Are there any tips I can get on how to time it? I usually play support but I want to get good at some adc. The thing that has been ruining my game has been not getting last hits and I really need help with it.

PentaAsian

10-18-2012

The easiest way to time your last hits is to go to custom games by yourself and see how much damage your auto-attacks do with different champions. It will always differ (not by much) depending on what champion you use and what types of runes/masteries you are running. Next would be get a bot or friend to do a matchup at bot lane to see how you do under a little pressure when someone has a chance to attack you and to see if you can get the last hits under pressure. After that if you can get 2 friends and do a 2v1 lane to see if you can do it under more pressure. Last would be just try it in a real game. You will most likely have a real support so he/she can take off some pressure while you try and last hit.

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

last hitting is a crucial aspect of the game. Honestly just practice by yourself on any characters you play because you should be able to do it anybody on any role. Once you can comfortably last hit i'd say 95% of the creeps you can add in other factors like having an opponent

Hughes De Payens

10-18-2012

I do it based on the amount of he bar that's remaining in the minion's HP bar, but it's sort of a function of a few things.

1) The minion's HP total. Cannons > Melee > Ranged in terms of HP total, so the bar needs to be missing more when your AA lands if they have more health.

2) How fast their bar is going down. You don't want them to die before your AA lands, so you need to hit them soon enough, but not too soon!

3) Your character's range, windup, and AA projectile speed. You always need to take into account the different projectile speeds and ranges between then characters. Also, characters wind up before firing off their AA, and the length of time it takes depends on the character.

4) The amount of damage you do. The more you do, the easier it is to get last hits because you have more leeway. Runes and masteries can also give damage, which can help you AA if they're specced for AD.

That's about it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

10-19-2012

getting armor penetration runes is incredibly important.

thenewattacker

10-19-2012

get just a little bit of armor pen and get tons of AD

iDpark

10-19-2012

ad marks op