Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skin Experiment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ABRADOLF LINCL3R

12-08-2012

You don't get an accurate feel for what we want when you guys just make it a rental. I really want ward skins but refuse to purchase them because they're rentals. How does this help with your "experiment" if you automatically make ppl not even want to be a part in the test?

Calypsx

12-08-2012

Dota 2s ward skins are permanent. I expect the company with the 1# free to play online game to do the same.

Captain Xelloss

04-12-2013

If you want to test them give people the ability to get one for free of there choice say that it will be for a week and then after the week if people like them let them buy them with IP or RP for a permanent thing they can have. You could also have them only work with champions that have the "haunting" skins like gangplank's ghost skin, so it is still fitting threw out the year and then only during Halloween let them be used by any character use them.

Grognak The Barb

04-12-2013

Quote:
Captain Xelloss:
If you want to test them give people the ability to get one for free of there choice say that it will be for a week and then after the week if people like them let them buy them with IP or RP for a permanent thing they can have. You could also have them only work with champions that have the "haunting" skins like gangplank's ghost skin, so it is still fitting threw out the year and then only during Halloween let them be used by any character use them.

thank you for necroing another hipalus thread. your microactivism will surely be noticed by all, much to the chagrin of riot. good show mate.

Gpoquiz

05-14-2013

Ward Skins could be a cool player-made/downloadable 3rd party item, like a way to customize your game especially for you.

Tonetta

05-14-2013

If I had the ip available at the time, I would have purchased enough ward skins to last until 2015. Sadly, I only ha enough for 3 months and I had a goal on owning every champ before end of the year, so I opted out. I would pay real money for ward skins.

Darklightning

10-03-2013

Quote:
Hippalus:
I actually thought there would be interest in being able to spend small amounts of RP or IP to get something cool for the holiday. Do you think that is fundamentally wrong, or does that make sense, but the problem that there is not also the option to buy it permanently for a reasonable price?

So looks like the experiment was a success. I think the rent was just too d*** high. Anyway, comment and complaint... love the new ward skins... and hate that I can't choose at champion select... since I don't know who I am playing until I select (in draft).

Tortferngatr

10-03-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6oy46qKE4

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1nkoan/spectating_my_friends_ranked_game_when_i_noticed/