Ward Skin Experiment

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altruous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Personally though I wont be purchasing them I thing the reasoning is well founded. As an IT student I don't think many people realize how complicated programming is. There is no concrete way to say the Ward skins wouldn't cause an unforeseen glitch or bug. You can test all you like but once you put something out there for millions to play with things will be discovered. In the years that I've played this game Riot has been far more caring and considerate of its fans then any other game I've severe played and they deserve to be supported in return. Orriginally I said I'd never spend money on this game and I threw that out the window when I realized how invested they are in their players. They deserve every cent I've spent on this game and people should really just not participate if they feel that negatively about it... as

Cardinal Synn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I see it as a way to get rid of IP in the game. Some people have tens of thousands. Now for the RP wards, should last forever. Since it is being purchased with money.

Wubbitas

10-18-2012

Riot is full of ****.

DarkKat48

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I actually thought there would be interest in being able to spend small amounts of RP or IP to get something cool for the holiday. Do you think that is fundamentally wrong, or does that make sense, but the problem that there is not also the option to buy it permanently for a reasonable price?
I think if it was purely IP based then it wouldn't be so bad.

Boston Bob

10-18-2012

I can understand wanting permanent skins but there's no reason to be mad about testing out temporary skins, this is just sad.

Zileto

10-18-2012

I was really, really excited about ward skins. I was celebrating this morning with my boyfriend about them. I main support, and tend to buy lots of wards. Unfortunately, I won't be buying any ward skins. I don't have much free time on my hands, but when I have some, I like to play League. I don't get to play that often. A one week rental means nothing to me. It means that I'll have spent money on something I'll use once.

I can't justify that purchase. When I do buy things from Riot, it's because I'm investing in a game I want to support, and I'm paying for something I can use every time I log on. It's an investment on something I can use, no matter how often I play, and I get value from it by knowing it's a long term thing, and that long-term use of it will even out the cost.

I don't really even know what else to say about it. I'm so let down. Finding this piece of information pretty much ruined my night. I'm disappointed in the turn Riot has taken, with this temporary ward skin debacle and the icons for buying RP.

Advancie

10-18-2012

I really want that ghost ward... but i won't be getting it if i can't have it forever. Rental gives no sense of ownership or security. I want this thing really bad but if it's not mine I'm not going to spend my earned IP or my money on it. Please make this permanent. How can you argue that this could not work and it might be a money sink for riot when you release new champion skins everyday? If it's tabs in the shop you're worried about just lump the ward skins in with regular ones. We won't care. Just make them permanent so we don't have to feel like we're getting robbed.

Thadious

10-18-2012

I would absolutely purchase ward skins if they were released at a reasonable price.

However, I have absolutely ZERO interest in renting these skins.

I hope that others actual want to rent these ward skins so that you will permanently implement them later, because I will not be taking part in this experiment.

MyosinFlare

10-18-2012

If Riot is just testing them, why can't they just charge IP only, and/or 25 RP for all of them, until it is ready for full launch.

If this succeeds now, they will never make them permanent because they will have no reason to not make them temporary.

mambawarrior

10-18-2012

I don't really see too much of a problem.
1 loss a day pays for the treant ward, and it's only 10400, less than 2 6300 champs, for a year.