Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IcySlayer

02-02-2013

Quote:
Demacry:

Or you could choose to devote some energy and help give Riot all the right feedback to help them improve the map so that a larger portion of the community can enjoy it.

But Theres a flaw in what your saying because if you look over the overall threads their have been helpful threads to Riot which Riot is ignoring. There is no real way to get Riot to do anything on the map anymore because they are ignoring the community. Also if you read between the lines in the riot post on this thread it should be obvious that no matter what defending the new or old Riot won't care.

The flaw here is no matter which side of the TT coin your on Riot doesn't care about you they just care about your money.

TOOSiCWiTiTT

02-02-2013

Signed!

Demacry

02-02-2013

Quote:
IcySlayer:
But Theres a flaw in what your saying because if you look over the overall threads their have been helpful threads to Riot which Riot is ignoring. There is no real way to get Riot to do anything on the map anymore because they are ignoring the community. Also if you read between the lines in the riot post on this thread it should be obvious that no matter what defending the new or old Riot won't care.

The flaw here is no matter which side of the TT coin your on Riot doesn't care about you they just care about your money.

The flaw here is that f2p means your logic is invalid. If the world wanted it all funds procured in-game could cease this afternoon. Riot lives and dies by the good graces of its user base.

Also Riot has demonstrated many times that they are aware of the discussions that go on in the forums. And reading between the line translates to English as projection.

Not that I wouldn't want more red activity in the TT forums but we've already had rioters cover a number of the issues brought up by users. Perhaps if more people brought up new discussions constructively instead of confrontationally.

Zathurix

02-02-2013

Signed, I like this new map ... but miss the old treeline and would like it back =P

Zathurix

02-02-2013

Quote:
Volibar:
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

The Changes Suck, The Map Is Way Too Much Like Dominion Now. And If I wanted to play Dominion i would just go play that. Return the Treeline back to normal if you have any hopes of the Treeline becoming popular.

xxFlyingBallsxx

02-02-2013

Signed

ÐubbedSummoner

02-02-2013

SIGNED, the old TT was way better! please bring back the old one keep both IDC i would just like to have more maps to play on... so dumb to take the old one away so people can ONLY play the beta "new" map

KyleXDoom

02-03-2013

Signed.

It's been months since I've played a game of the good ol' Twisted Treeline. The new map isn't anything like the old one (and imo nowhere near as fun). =\

Razgriz86

02-03-2013

it be nice to have two 3v3 maps to choose from, than again, 5v5 be left with one and that is where the gap falls in, however I'm signed. 368 Pages must be at least what? over 2500 signatures? still not quite enough and this is getting to be a few months old, think more people would of signed by now.

Rhuudii

02-03-2013

signed