[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

knightex50

11-14-2012

signed

PDX1911

11-14-2012

Oh come on Riot. There are a few thousand posts regarding this topic and I've only seen one official post so far, and this post received 35 thumbs down (actually another one after I read it).

2ezmom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Signed.

Riot, please give the option to choose which map of 3v3 you want to play, I find no reason to remove the old and classic Twisted Treeline map, PLEASE give us the option to choose which map you want to play for ranked or normal match. A large part of the community liked the classic old map, I'm not sayin that the new is not good, but given the option to choose what map de you want to play, just read the comments to realize that the large majority also wants this. Please, make it happen

Lets be honest, this is just a "new" version (not sure if call it failure) that was Dominion, the only difference is that this map is much smaller.

Give us back the REAL old and classic Twisted Treeline.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read our comments and opinions!

Must listen to the voice of the People

BM124

11-14-2012

Signed I agree to have both TT maps

DBZeke

11-14-2012

Signed, thanks for making this thread

Sokel

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
You guys are fools. You basically made what you called "stale" worse. The only way to win is to play Singed or Cho, or someone else severely tanky. You guys want more "team composition" and faster game play. Yeah, you got your faster game play. It's literally impossible to farm and counter gank to come back in any game. It's total bull.

The new map pretty much destroys ALL possible varieties of strategy that the old map actually had. I don't know what you, as Riot, were looking at when you saw it being 'stale'. Like honestly. Let's get real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8PMQ...ure=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJxy...ure=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKpQ...ure=plpp_video

Yed Fargo

11-14-2012

Signed

GRIYOGREENVERDE

11-14-2012

signed

SmokingJoeNL

11-14-2012

On the new map, my kda, wins and honor received has gone up. Feeling like I did something to deserve it, has gone down.

Diankai

11-14-2012

Signed Totally agree