[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat of the Land View Post
Except that Riot agrees with me. Those other maps prove my point, they aren't at all like Summoners Rift and the game play is very different with different objectives. TT and TT2 are very similar in play style and objectives so having both would essentially split the community based on preferences and which map a particular champion favours. That is not a healthy way to support a community and a map recently unveiled.

Instead of taking my advice and using your time more productively to influence the change you would like in the new TT, you've instead chosen to dismiss my sound logic and continue wasting your time with this petition. The cold truth is all of this is an irrational emotional reaction that won't produce the result hoped for.
And yet we are all using the internet, most likely we have multiple tabs open. I'm sure many who are on this forum also have other LoL tabs open, or even don't care cause the bottom line is. The Majority of the old TT fanbase would like the Old TT map back. Even if they like the new map or not, the majority want the old one back along side the new "similar yet different" TT. Would it split the community? No. Bottom line no. Has the community of TT already split? Yes. The ones who enjoy the new map have stayed, the ones who do not have left the tt seen in ether search of a new game mode in Leauge of Legends, Or left League of Legends all together. Last I checked, that is splitting.

Also why are you telling others they are wasting their time with this Petition when you are here "wasting" your own time?

Also I must add. How is Proving grounds objective different than Summoners Rift? In Proving grounds are you trying to rack up the most kills to win by reaching 100 kills first? No. Last I checked, Like Summoners Rift, the objective was to push through the waves of creeps to destroy the enemy nexus. Hmmmmmmm.

Mirelyght

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwarior View Post
Signed. This is almost like a bad heroes or newereth 3v3 map, but i just want TT back, goddam riot, you should ask the 3v3 players if they want change instead of forcing it upon us
is this your first time to the TT forums?

because we sure did want some improvements for TT.....however that being said we didnt want a completely different map with objectives. its like playing poor man's dominion.

the fosizlenator

11-09-2012

I feel as if the new map is a upgraded Dominion, they felt as if adding the capture points (alters) into it would benefit it, but i feel (along with tons of others) that it now focuses to much on the points. You constantly leave lane to go and capture them, usually resulting in team fights that you die in and cost you more time away from the lane and precious exp and gold. I LOVE the new structure of the map, but remake it to be more like the old TT that focused around farming and had a feel of SR on it.

GuyWonder

11-10-2012

Biggest gripe with this map; no punishment for the people who like to roam as a team. They don't miss out on xp/cs and dominate the entire game. Thus map is too small. Also bruisers are a plague of a problem in this map. Can't even pick any other type of champions without getting wrecked in the first team fight.

Signed, make Shadow Isles and Twisted Treeline separate. Old Treeline allowed for more of a variety of champions.

SmokingJoeNL

11-10-2012

Another reason why people are angry about the way you went about the new map, is because you took away the dream to play ranked on sr one day. On the old tt, you could pretend you were training for sr by playing top lane, because it's jungle was though or because playing mage and adc was hard but doable and rewarding. Now that you changed the feel too much by adding altars, making the jungle no brainer, adding items that aren't going to be on sr, removing wards and making you start with more gold than on sr, the map is too different from sr.

Hope this will give you some more insight. Because thinking people don't like the shadow isles because it's new, shows your lack of understanding for not only the old tt, but also for the people that played on it.

TheGoddessHylia

11-10-2012

SIGNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

Lets be clear here; the community doesnt want it to replace the old TT, stop pretending we do OR stop pretending to care about our opinions- delete the forums and make it impossible to complain about anything.
You didnt listen with ark valkyrie diana and you wont listen now when a large majority of summoners hate the new map AS TT.
Competitive play will NEVER take off if you proceed with the map as it is, the players that like twisted treeline now will reduce a lot because most TT players hate it. You lose the communities faith more and more and you wont have a game.
sincerely, long time player on newish account because the log in system is being annoying.
Oh and i play TT in ranked and it is lots of fun but needed a few tweaks, maybe a remodel but not a game change, why is riot too ignorant to listen to the community anymore?

Lirrink

11-10-2012

Quote:
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but you're flatout wrong.

This is not Twisted Treeline by any means, its vastly different, lanes in Twisted Treeline were important, now, most of the dominant teams don't even get involved with lanes but dominate the jungle, you have to be bruisers or atleast have 2 on your team, and its just not as fun to a lot of fans of TT, I hate the new map and everything about it, and would like old Twisted Treeline back, and name this Shadow Isles, I am yet to have a fun match in SI, and I have won a few, but TT i did enjoy most the games I played

Best Dman NA

11-10-2012

Quote:

Honestly I have begun to play Summoner's Rift instead of these new changes to twisted treeline. It just doesn't feel like the good old 3v3 TT I love and it feels way to much like a smaller dominion map honestly, sorry to hear that RIOT feels that way..

NiGHTS Noob

11-10-2012

Quote:

I call bull****.

People aren't asking for the old TT to be a perfectly balanced and competitive map, nobody's asking for Aram to be perfectly balanced either. They just want the old TT available to still play.

Make the new one competitive, focus all your attention on it, just stick the old one in custom games for people to play if they want, no changes needed beyond maybe adding in that wall from the new one to prevent creep pulling.

Sabotag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Funny how the queue time is getting longer and longer for 3vs3