[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laldail

11-09-2012

Signed.

Can't even stomach to play the new "TT", I'd rather have the old TT with all of its flaws back then force my self to play, what feels like to me mini-dominion. My brother and I both loved playing the REAL TT, yeah it has it's problems, but at least it was enjoyable.

1. Map is super cramped - anyone with high movement speed can dominate map control.
2. No Wards - understand why these were removed especially with this new map being so small. Something I've picked from playing this game though is counters to certain champions, Akali has been my favorite to carry a pink ward and drop when she cloaks.

While I still play the game now strictly stuck in SR, which I do enjoy but like breaking from it at times, I won't force myself to pretend the new maps you've released are enjoyable. I see that most of the people here are sticking to SR, but how long till you change that to another dominion map?

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
Yes we do have 2 5v5 maps. 3, counting the possibility of proving grounds on custom.

We have dominion and SR. and I think i speak for most people who have signed this by saying,

STFU
Except that Riot agrees with me. Those other maps prove my point, they aren't at all like Summoners Rift and the game play is very different with different objectives. TT and TT2 are very similar in play style and objectives so having both would essentially split the community based on preferences and which map a particular champion favours. That is not a healthy way to support a community and a map recently unveiled.

Instead of taking my advice and using your time more productively to influence the change you would like in the new TT, you've instead chosen to dismiss my sound logic and continue wasting your time with this petition. The cold truth is all of this is an irrational emotional reaction that won't produce the result hoped for.

PhuckNlggerRlot

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

Me and all of my friends used to solely play 3's, now none of us can stand this new garbage you forced down out throats. We absolutely hate 5s and thats all we have to play now cuz you ruined the one good game type you had

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
Honestly can you just listen to the players instead of stepping on us? The phrase "this is still Twisted Treeline" is insulting to real TT players. When are you putting these stupid Dominion elements into SR? When are you taking wards out of SR? Or when can we expect you to remove SR entirely? I assume never since SR players and their opinions are the only things that seem to matter, but the real TT players want the old map back and the people that love the Shadow Isles lose nothing if this happens. Please put it back, at the very least in customs, it is a win-win situation for both you and the players.

GaryOak PwnsYou

11-09-2012

This is what happens when personal objectives that go against the majority's viewpoint continue. This is stupid. I haven't spent a single dollar on your game since you put the new ****** isles out and I don't plan to till you bring back the original twisted treeline, **** you riot. F U C K YOU

panTERA sMELOS

Recruiter

11-09-2012

singed

Derazzle

11-09-2012

Bump

lolwarior

11-09-2012

Signed. This is almost like a bad heroes or newereth 3v3 map, but i just want TT back, goddam riot, you should ask the 3v3 players if they want change instead of forcing it upon us

Coola

11-09-2012

Signed. Old TT turtling was difficult to overcome and it countered snowballing, but beatable. New TT turtling is almost impossible, so snowballing is rediculous.

jack747

11-09-2012

Quote:
Well, I can see what you mean, that having both maps would cause the TT fanbase to split between them, but I believe that the appearance of the new map brought even more fans to TT, maybe even doubling it. I don't see the harm in at least trying to use both maps at once. Some would stick with the new map, some would return to the old one, and others(including me) would simply swap between them depending on their mood. The worst case scenario: the fanbase is too spread out, and you simply take away the old TT again, and none of us could say much about it after seeing its effects. I really hope you decide to bring the old TT back