[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aquilux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

[QUOTE=Volibar;31092977]
"As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps."

Don't want to split the community?

Your community will always be split due to the nature of your game including 3 major maps. If you have no statisitical evidence that Proving Grounds has detracted from the regular map players, then I see no reason not to at least implement the old TT as a custom especially since the people who want to play the old map would never play the new TT anwway.

Xero Hero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I loved the old map. It was my go-to map. The new one is alright, but I just can't bring myself to care about it as much as I did the real twisted treeline. I feel like there is less strategy to the map (despite that being a point riot was trying to improve).

OurOnlyPlanB

11-08-2012

Signed

Sway Red

11-08-2012

Signed. Completely agree

QQk

11-08-2012

Singed, but they do need to fix some minor terrains/bugs

Like the laser abuse where you just pull super minions into base

Ovlon

11-08-2012

Signed. Bring back Madred's in the new map!!!!

Derazzle

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xThaydx View Post
No, it's not still Twisted Treeline, that statement flies in the face of basic logic, for 2 main reasons:

1) While not every player cares about it, there is a pretty rich lore behind TT. It is an established Field of Justice, with a physical location within Runeterra. It holds the origin story of a champion, Maokai. This new field is set in the Shadow Isles, a totally different physical location in Runeterra, and not home to Maokai.

2) The two maps are not, as much as you'd like to pretend, the same game format. A game is not classified by the number of players on a team, much like Dominion and SR are different game modes despite both having 5 players. The Shadow Isles change has created a new gameplay with the altar objectives, which sets it apart from SR, Dominion, and yes, the old TT.

I'm seriously disappointed that Riot is ignoring player interest and steamrolling us into playing the way they want so that everything is focused on the competitive scene. I'm starting to see the days of enjoyable gameplay vanishing.
I totally agree with everything you're saying, we need the old TT back... and LIVE! I have way too many good memories about it.

Derazzle

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcmo View Post
Your statement is invalid. You have absolutely no data to support the statement that "Most players DO NOT LIKE the new TT". I LOVE the new map, and so do thousands of others. I know that their are thousands of people that don't like it but stop being such a baby and learn to adapt to change.
Can I ask, why would adding back the old TT hurt anything? It's just dumb that Riot refuses to make a change for the community, if this many people want it. I just hope people keep posting here, until the point that Riot is actually convinced adding the old TT will benefit them. Right now, I dont think think that they believe enough people care about it. In due time, I suppose.

Narcmo

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDerajKrap View Post
Can I ask, why would adding back the old TT hurt anything? It's just dumb that Riot refuses to make a change for the community, if this many people want it. I just hope people keep posting here, until the point that Riot is actually convinced adding the old TT will benefit them. Right now, I dont think think that they believe enough people care about it. In due time, I suppose.
I hated the old map and refused to play 3v3s with one of my friends who loved the old map. But honestly for everyone that seems to want it back, I don't think it would be a bad thing. It would make a LOT of players happy and I would still be happy with the new map. I think the only reason riot doesn't want to bring it back is they think it will hurt the "competitive scene".

I really liked the idea that one person gave of making it an unsupported custom game map. That way everyone would be happy and riot wouldn't have to worry about balancing it.

What do you people think, would you be happy with old TT being an unsupported custom game map?

Mourgain

11-08-2012

Signed

Sorry Red, the Shadow Isles map is O.K., but I'd rather play TT.