[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gurainda

11-08-2012

Singed .. i mean Signed -.- i want my old TT

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

This sucks so bad I would really like to play but the new TT isn't worth playing I just want to play real TT

HeroProtagonist

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omesh View Post
Not a bad idea, but if the problem has to do with resources and cost of maintaining both maps on the same client...anyways.

Still puzzled over the argument that the two Treelines are like night and day when they're very, very similar. Yeah, there are differences, but they're fundamentally the same map.
I'm not buying the "lack of resources" argument - I basically quit playing LoL to play GW2 and they manage to rotate several 5-8 player maps in a rotation in their PvP implementation; I don't believe Riot has less server resources than ArenaNet at this point especially when PvP is ALL Riot does.

As for the similarity of the maps, they obviously play much differently as Riot's explicit goals (all action all the time, eliminate turtling and other game lengthening strategies) were aimed at MAKING them play differently. It would be in Riot's interest to accommodate in some way the people who enjoy the original Twisted Treeline play style. Many people, myself included, have invested many hours in learning the original map's nuances via many games played, and enjoy that style. It's as if a rank and a rook were removed from Chess, it makes it a different game. Still most of the same pieces, obviously plays differently (less castling, at the very least). Might be great but people who have played tradfitional Chess for years would be entitled to be upset if someone insisted this was still Chess.

Why should Riot accommodate those who enjoy Twisted Treeline? Because if they are *forced* to learn a new map maybe they will go learn the GW2 maps instead. Just saying taking away someone's hard-earned expertise is rarely appreciated by that person.

Argothes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Signed

Just re-release Twisted Treeline and change 'new' Twisted Treeline into Shadow Isles. . .

Boogario

11-08-2012

Signed. Bring back the old map

ChiLe RuLeS IDA

11-08-2012

I think the new TT is great but the old was better (to me)... we should have the 2 TT

xThaydx

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive
No, it's not still Twisted Treeline, that statement flies in the face of basic logic, for 2 main reasons:

1) While not every player cares about it, there is a pretty rich lore behind TT. It is an established Field of Justice, with a physical location within Runeterra. It holds the origin story of a champion, Maokai. This new field is set in the Shadow Isles, a totally different physical location in Runeterra, and not home to Maokai.

2) The two maps are not, as much as you'd like to pretend, the same game format. A game is not classified by the number of players on a team, much like Dominion and SR are different game modes despite both having 5 players. The Shadow Isles change has created a new gameplay with the altar objectives, which sets it apart from SR, Dominion, and yes, the old TT.

I'm seriously disappointed that Riot is ignoring player interest and steamrolling us into playing the way they want so that everything is focused on the competitive scene. I'm starting to see the days of enjoyable gameplay vanishing.

Pestermyte

11-08-2012

Signed....I love both of the maps. Keep both Riot!

TheSchnitz

11-08-2012

Signed, my friends and are of the same opinion. This is a completely different map. Bring back the old TT and call this something else.

Omesh

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
I simply reported what the community is feeling, by a large majority.
That's a big claim to make. Forum goers don't necessarily represent "the community", given that the number of active forum members is vastly outweighed by the total number of people who play the game. Granted, this thread has a lot of upvotes (one of them is mine!), but that's just one thread. It's a big leap to make from a thread on the forums to community representation, I think. Remember that the game encompasses a larger community than is present on the boards.

Quote:
IF you like the new map so much, play it. Just get on board with the right thing to do and vote to keep them both. You're entire post reads ... "I've already made up my mind here but convince me otherwise. Waste of both our time. Only reason I tried was because you were the only non ADD (imo) who has reported liking the new map better than the classic. Heck there is no reason you can like BOTH. And yeah some people LIKE DOMINION TOO! Good for them.
Well, I have been playing it. And I don't think keeping Classic Treeline for custom games would be harmful if that can be supported. But I don't think there's a lot of reason to keep them both as live PvP maps at the same time, given that they are essentially the same maps with only one truly significant difference between them (altars).

And yeah, I'd like you to try to convince me otherwise. Just because I have a very clear dog in this fight doesn't mean that my opinions aren't subject to change. They're opinions, after all, aren't they? Thing is, I like discussing things, and don't think that conversations about the direction of the game should unfold in between the clicks of a down-vote button.

Quote:
I can't see it, I never will. I feel like I have to throw up every time I finish to game of the new TT. Like getting off a roller coaster ride that's just a little too fast, a little too curvy and a little too jarring.
Not to be snide, but that sounds a lot like a case of you having your mind made up, too. I don't blame you, but I think there's something to be said for putting yourself in the other person's shoes. And I get the frustration over losing Classic Treeline even if I don't necessarily agree with everything you and its supporters say.

Quote:
If you want me to share with you RIOT's agenda. I might if you msg me in game. Not here and not now. In the meantime go read my posts from early this year regarding the Tribunal.
Maybe I will.

Quote:
Omesh, People are Leaving TT. Good people. They might still be playing LoL in SR and they are being replaced by new Trolls. This is a community problem yes but in the sense that the new map has changed the TT community, it is the new maps fault.
I'm not sure if it's a matter of them being replaced, but the new map has brought out a lot of new players who aren't familiar with the mores of Treeline, and yes, that's frustrating. As far as actual trolls, I haven't run into anymore than usual, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Quote:
If Riot had said every thing they have said and instead put at the end "so we are moving the Classic TT to custom games only" (Most) everyone would be happy. We could debate in "fun" which map had more merit. But what we have is a very split, very unhappy community. The very thing RIOT says they did NOT want to do. Their "party line" on this is nonsense.
I don't really think there's any reason to be unhappy, though. Again, we're talking about the Beta, and if you think Riot isn't listening to you, I'd wager you're off-base. Remember, they listened and performed the overhaul in the first place. That's tangible proof that we do have a direct link to Riot and that they're willing to respond to fan feedback and take it into consideration. And I'm sure they're willing to change their minds as needed. Frankly, the response to the overhaul has been so strong that I really would be surprised if they couldn't find a compromise that made (most) everyone happy, but the point is that we're still in Beta and there's plenty of room for improvement on all levels.

What I'm saying is, you don't have to like the new map, but I think it's a good idea to give Riot a chance. I don't like/agree with everything they do, either, but I don't think that anyone has to; I think all that we can do is be honest when they ask for honest feedback and go from there.