[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurritoFighter

11-06-2012

Signed. My name is Barack Obama and i approve this message!

H3ZF

11-06-2012

Signed,Keep the old TT!

PersainCAT

11-06-2012

Honestly I much prefer the new map to the old one. I like the style of shadow isles over Twisted treeline, even if a few alter tweaks are needed. I'm glad it got remade, its a good addtion. Its like when they finally added the aram map it was long overdue.

My issues are that while the new twisted treeline are very much what a 3v3 map should be the old twisted treeline is a much better map to TEACH new players. I could take 2 completely new players onto that map buy a single ward and teach them the importance of warding (mid). I could teach them what jungle-ing meant by going into the top jungle never being far away but not having them be in constant danger of instant ganks. and i could watch/guide them towards last hitting. The old map really was just a mini-summoners rift and perfect for new players.

With that said in the same way that riot needs to allow for spawn controls in SR via customs, riot needs the old game in there as one of the "UNSUPPORTED" modes. Its the variety in custom games that allows for the game to hold my attention and keeps me playing. Not watching pros, nor the the "meta" of SR. I'd just be happy if the old TT was a custom map that i could occasionally play, use as a teaching map and it remained 100% unchanged.

Things to keep players playing and having fun/in the game.
-Custom only: Old TT unchanged:
-Custom only: Player defined lane/jungle spawns (so i can make a real draft racing without cheating) for example
-Custom only: other player defined X: For example in aram only minions can kill nexus, how about use player defined item sets, or no health candies. I'd have fun for a few hours every couple of months if i could be fun to use all items in SR/proving grounds.
-"Official" modes get attention for balance:
~~~SR=champ/items,
~~~DOM/TT get "new" items to balance champs
~~~ARAM gets added as "official" due to popularity (no attempts to balance)

My problems are until those things get added you limit your game, because i wanna play ARAB/draft racing/ARAZ/TT. I want to play 3v3 or 5v5 with all my friends in customs on various differnt "fun" modes. Yet when it comes to playing with random people i cant force those rules and its sad.

Final note:The thing about the "spliting the community" is bull. whatever modes are supported via riot tourneys with $$ prizes will get popular, and hold focus. All riot needs to do is make it rewarding to play a map/mode and it'll be popular, especially if its the only map you can join an "official" que for. I mean Dom would be more popular if the season 3 tourney for winning dominion was 50k/player

knightex50

11-06-2012

what they put in is not twisted treeline
signed

Fluffykong

11-06-2012

I've probably played 400 old 3v3 games. And honestly, turtling is what made it fun, and exciting. Why get rid of it? I miss the old 3v3 /sob. I'm not against remaking the map to make it look nicer, but no need to change things.

Saucey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
Because it's 3v3 lane push map?

No offense, but by that logic Proving Grounds is Summoner's Rift.

The new TT only has two things in common with old TT: 2 lanes, 3 players. That's literally it. Nearly every other facet of the map was drastically changed. Don't get me wrong, I like both maps. I prefer the new one, slightly. But at the same time, this "Noveltyphobia" that Riot has going on in regards to map making is starting to get silly.

Powned by its own company.

Darkkor

11-06-2012

Signed!

apocalypse great

11-06-2012

I'm glad Riot has finally responded.
Don't you think the community should decide on something like this?
This is the most viewed and most commented topic in the twisted tree line forum. and 98% of all commenters are saying the same thing. not 50-50, not 60-40, ... 98%!!!
If people loved this new map they would be fighting for it, and they are not.
If you changed summoners rift the way you changed our beloved 3v3 map there would be true hell to pay.
Please don't let ego get the better of you Riot.

zohan569

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse great View Post
I'm glad Riot has finally responded.
Don't you think the community should decide on something like this?
This is the most viewed and most commented topic in the twisted tree line forum. and 98% of all commenters are saying the same thing. not 50-50, not 60-40, ... 98%!!!
If people loved this new map they would be fighting for it, and they are not.
If you changed summoners rift the way you changed our beloved 3v3 map there would be true hell to pay.
Please don't let ego get the better of you Riot.

Amen.
Oh and by the way.. Signed. I miss the old twisted treeline. This new map is not twisted treeline anymore. There are only 2 things in common between the old TT and the new one, and that is that there's 2 lanes and 3 players, and that's it. Everything else has changed drastically and to be honest is too much like dominion now, which is what people can go play if they want "Fast paced, action-packed gameplay," with teamfights happening about 10 seconds after spawning.

JuSsaRaskil

11-06-2012

signed