[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solerath

11-05-2012

signed

ImNotKarl

11-05-2012

No matter how many times I'm told this map is Twisted Treeline, it's not going to be true. It's not the same map. It's an entirely different map, with an even staler meta. I don't appreciate being told that this map is the map I loved, and that I'm having a knee-jerk reaction because it's not fine-tuned and that I never gave it a chance. This map has divided the community, and it took nearly 3000 comments on this post to get a red response, and the only response we got was that it doesn't matter that people that love this game and support this company want a map back. We're here fighting for this. We care THAT much. I've invested so much money and time into this game, and it counts for nothing. The people that have grown with this game count for nothing.

The only map I'll play anymore is SR, but to be honest, I haven't played for about a week, and I haven't missed it. I'm disgusted with Riot's handling of the reaction to TT vs SITT. I've lost my love for this game. I'll spend my time and money elsewhere.

I'm sorry Riot doesn't want to deal with supporting 2 3v3 maps. I'm sorry Riot isn't listening to the thousands of players that are asking for their map back. I'm sorry that it's more important to release the beta of this map than to let TT players have the opportunity to climb ELO, since this beta has screwed over plenty of 3s teams. Mostly I'm sorry that I have to move on to something else. My husband and I played this every day. We spent money on the game. We got friends playing. What a bummer.

Jimdog

11-05-2012

Agree, please me seperate

Rejuvination

11-05-2012

new map has no wards, new map sucks. give it wards, it wont suck.

Matahiapo

11-06-2012

It's ok Riot, don't listen to your customers, to the ones who gives you your job...
U made an awesome map in the old TT, and u want to force us to like the new one?
The old map was broken, but who cares ? she was hell fun ! now those altars...that big useless spider...

You destroyed TT, don't act like the new 3v3 map is Twisted Tree, Elise Patch killed this game...

Omega Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

I was quite disappointed when the original TT was taken out. While I like the new map I don't like it being called Twisted Treeline. It doesn't feel like a twisted treeline at all. I do like the new items but I think some of them could use a bit of a nerf. The map does feel somewhat cramped and I wish there was a little bit of jungle at the top of the map and at the bottom of the map, nothing major maybe just a couple of wolf or wraith camps would be nice to help alleviate this feeling. The games tend to snowball real quickly and I haven't witnessed or played in very many games where the tides have turned much...granted I haven't played hundreds of games yet so maybe this really isn't a problem. The old Treeline map most certainly had champions that felt over powered on it but on this new map there are a couple that feel completely over powered and can really make the games miserable...I'm sure you guys will know who I am talking about. Overall I do like this new map but some tweaks have to be made since the old Treeline isn't coming back.

Belch85

11-06-2012

Signed

Taarki

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
what are these exploits? i have never really seen them. the walls for blinking was very fun becuase if you could blink over the wall good, then they might flash over in a different section and chase you back to thier team, which was so fun for both parts. I also feal like you completely killed the jungle. Before you could take down dragon with a full team without being hit down to 1/3 health on all players so the other team could come in and get an ace.
Also the jungle now just feals so small. Before i could play teemo and at level 4 start taking top left (right) and jungle creaps and the mid left (right creaps) which improved my lanes. also you could set wards up which would warn you if a 3v1 is comming, which is not fun at all. Also red buff and dragons buff being replaced by vilemaws buff is pretty bad, as the wilemaws buff is pretty OP, especialy if the team has snowballed from controling both alters all of the game.
This brings me to the alters, 4 gold for holding 1 is ok. But +10% ad/ap for both? basicaly if you control both when your level 18 its gg becuase that extra ad/ap could mean another 40 ad for a carry for another 90 ap for a ap carry. which is insanly OP

SmokingJoeNL

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

Nope.

Dioxinis

11-06-2012

signed