[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotKarl View Post
Dude, stop trolling this forum. Your thread isn't as constructive, and you've posted the link every other page. If people thought your thread was as valid as this, they would be there.

Well, he is fighting the good fight.

Promoting his views, loudly and sometimes perhaps even irritatingly is a good thing.

Because fights, like the one we are in, require both heated agitators and calm negotiators.

We need a multi pronged approach to poke and peck til we get heard.

Im really looking forward to this thread getting to 50k views and 300 pages.

P.S. I did in fact copy your great post (found here orginally) in my own. Posts here tend to get buried due to the size of the thread and yours needed additional "air time"

Haeval

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotKarl View Post
Dude, stop trolling this forum. Your thread isn't as constructive, and you've posted the link every other page. If people thought your thread was as valid as this, they would be there.
Do you think backing off would help things? We're being ignored. My thread asks for at least some ANSWERS as to why we are being ignored, and why they don't seem to care about giving us both maps....

And so here, have it again:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post30779522

ImNotKarl

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Well, he is fighting the good fight.

Promoting his views, loudly and sometimes perhaps even irritatingly is a good thing.

Because fights, like the one we are in, require the both heated agitators and the calm negotiators.

We need a multi pronged approach to poke and peck til we get heard.

Im really looking forward to this thread getting to 50k views and 300 pages.

P.S. I did in fact copy your great post (found here orginally) in my own. Posts here tend to get buried due to the size of the thread and yours needed additional "air time"

Lol. I'm glad you thought so. I'm really offended that we're not getting any red love. This post has been on the front forum page all week, and is constantly getting views and replies, and they are responding to new posts with substantially less attention and backing. We just are telling them what they want to hear I guess. I feel like as a community we're being delegated to the role of the problem child, in the corner. I know a lot of people like the new map, but this thread is proof that a whole section of the community miss the old one enough to rally for it.

I now have no hope of getting to gold in ranked because they took away the map my team invested all of it's time on, and that's ok. I just want the old map back at this point because we loved it. It was fun. It was challenging. I don't know why we haven't gotten a response to this, even just to tell us that we're being heard and disagreed with. We're not asking them to scrap their hard work, but rather to give us more options with what they already had.

I am pretty offended and let down by a company I used to be able to say I was proud to support.

manphib

10-30-2012

Signed. Won't be playing LOL until it comes back.

Unbreakable

10-30-2012

Signed. Long time TT player, first time poster. Remake was unnecessary - all they had to do was move base turret to prevent turtling.

pengwndude

10-30-2012

I verily agree
for one thing
i first leaned league of legends in a custom matches of TT with my 5 buds on 3 v 3.
One thing the old TT offered was a smaller version of SumRift.
While the new TT is great, it's not the same.

I love it, but it's a totally new game

so agreeing with the thread, i think it should be a new map

there are somethings that are still debatable though
1. kiting minions to the lazers in the old level. it's not a HUGE deal, but yeah, the new layout does prevent that nicely.
2. the jungle. HOWEVER, it is because of that jungle layout that really promoted a 1 on top, 2 on bot, and occasionally a jungler.
3. random jungle is indeed kinda dumb. that i think should be permafixed

reasons why the new TT doesn't exactly replace the old one but should be a NEW one.
1. the altars make for much more movement from everyone. while the old TT has the push pull similar to SumRift, the new one is EXTREMELY more mobile. People are always running in the middle. Not bad, but different.
2. lane pushing is very different now that the gank dynamic has thoroughly been altered. In other words, farming and pushing the lane is a lot more dangerous and a lot less viable. Still different, not bad

Misc things i miss about the old one
1. The music was kind of a creepy cute tinkly thing that was sorta spooky, but good. i miss it
2. the old pink goblin shop keeper. kinda random, but it's sad to just see him straight out gone. the new guy is cool though. I don't remember dominion's shop keeper if there even was one. can you put pinky there?

again, this new map is awesome in its own right, but to just rid the old TT really destroys certain things that i'd hate to see gone, which is basically a smaller version of SumRift. particularly, if you just wanna have custom games with friends and there's 6 of you, that's enough for TT, but not enough for SumRift, and the new one is TOO different for it to be such a casual swap

peace.

zander2510

10-30-2012

Signed. new TT is still very unbalanced. At some point please bring back the old map, while keeping this new map. They are two different play styles and should not be compared other then that they both consists of 3v3. PLEASE KEEP BOTH TT MAPS JUST NAME THE NEW ONE SOMETHING ELSE.

CreDes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Signed. Unlike most people who begin playing league on Summoner's Rift, my brother and I commenced playing on the 3v3 map about 2 years ago. The Twisted Treeline is our home and although I love many of the changes Riot has inculcated to make the game better, this is not one of them. I must agree that the design of the new map is beautiful, but in our opinion it is no where near as enjoyable as the previous map. Vilemaw is the only exception. The new items and banning of old items is a huge disappointment. Prohibition of warding is a total let down. And the new buffs remind me too much of dominion (which honestly I don't enjoy). The aforementioned users already described why the buffs are disliked so I won't bother.

SinFallXSinRise

10-30-2012

Signed, what trouble is it to keep the old Twisted Treeline, and the new Twisted Treeline? What troubles would riot have to go through? Just curious because if it takes almost no effort to keep them both up at the same time, then why don't they just do it now?

MrPoopiePants

10-30-2012

Signed