2000+ games played on Twisted Treeline, my thoughts on the changes.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
Wards are so much better on TT.

WTF is this thread man?!?!?

You may have played a lot of games, but you never learned ANYTHING.

Hows this: Consider the size of TT, it's probably 1/3-1/2 of the size of SR.

In SR they COVER the map in wards. In TT you can do that for about 750 gold. Rather than 1000s.

My team hasn't lost when we buy more wards than the other team. Pinking red and dragon ALL GAME.

Controlling TT was far too easy, and that was A HUGE problem. I think they should have increased the prices on wards, or only made pinks on the new TT, that would be more fun and skillful.
Good that you win with wards, I have never seen a team spending 75g on a regular basis to keep mid warded win.

If you like them use them, my problem is with people insisting I should buy them for them. I play just as well without them so why cant others learn to not rely on them?

Also your statement that they make it easy to control the map furthers the reason to remove them. Buying wards doesnt increase your skill, learning to not need them however does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
no wards = playing more careful if they have a jungler and more map awareness. don't see anything wrong with that
It makes a game that isn't supposed to be slow move slow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
no wards = playing more careful if they have a jungler and more map awareness. don't see anything wrong with that
Kinda my point. If wards help you by all means use them, but dont claim its more skillful to NEED them than to not need them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Crave View Post
Good that you win with wards, I have never seen a team spending 75g on a regular basis to keep mid warded win.

If you like them use them, my problem is with people insisting I should buy them for them. I play just as well without them so why cant others learn to not rely on them?

Also your statement that they make it easy to control the map furthers the reason to remove them. Buying wards doesnt increase your skill, learning to not need them however does.
This is so incorrect on many levels.

As was stated, the reason why pros control the map is because they have eyes on it. Not because they guess they are being ganked and back off, or wait for a call from a team mate, or wait for the full time jungler to get them.

It's a counter measure against a mobile team. I obviously will buy fewer wards as my team is up in kills/gold so we push our advantage. We always have sight on the major buffs and that way we can coordinate ganks around the enemy.

Warding, since it's a strategy, does have a skill level, and maintaining a certain level of control takes skill, time, and awareness.

Yes, oftentimes when I PUB I wont ever use a ward.
In ranked when the other team is constantly putting greens on red/drag, my team puts up pinks and more greens giving them a false sense of awareness and no real safety from the wards they placed.

In TT the wards were broken because the cost effectiveness was off the charts and would allow for my team to drop 450 gold in wards and cover the vast majority of the map on one back. They were OP, and even more so against a team that didn't use them, so there is your strat and your skill, being aware of the situation and taking advantage of it is meta.

Wards didn't need or warrant removal on a freaking DOTA map. They needed a price increase, but not removal.

And obviously playing smarter when there are no wards is not a skill increase as you say, but a MUST to win (especially against a team without wards). And because of this, as in professional play, wards are a requirement, because if you are wise with your gold you will use them.

Also: Lee sin, Kat, Jax, Teemo
Get those wards.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5371EI

Senior Member

10-18-2012

You are a baddie being matched up with other baddies, of course you don't need wards. Enjoy your bottom bush ganks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5371EI View Post
You are a baddie being matched up with other baddies, of course you don't need wards. Enjoy your bottom bush ganks.
Bottom bush gank is a choice, one that is rarely the best option. Getting the first minions as a team is more often than not the better thing to do.

You assume I am a baddie playing baddies, yet you have never played with or against me.

I dont need wards becuase I am careful, which is a measure of skill. If you think that it isnt then your just a troll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

Senior Member

10-18-2012

See your best bet is starting with a jungler and two laners. Leashing mid camp and having them get it all and reach lvl 2 for a gank or more clearing top or the other mid camp (if they have no jungler, like you)

Then you have someone ward red so that the jungler is completely safe as well and so that counter measures can be made against any movement in the middle part of the map.

If they have a ward, kill theirs and continue doing your thing.

Wards and oracles counter wards, and wards counter non-wards. I have gotten as many (if not more) wards and oracles on 3v3 than on SR.

I also play Jax/Lee/Kat often enough to know that I have a free flash to those when I need it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nazban

Member

10-18-2012

If anyone here thinks wards are useless, and we are bad for using them...? Maybe you are bad because you do not know how to maneuver throughout the map without being seen by creeps. If I play top lane I keep it pushed towards there side both there entrance/exits by there tower this gives me a great deal of vision and helps me a lot to know were there top lane is at. But hang on a second they can sneak into the top jungle behind there tower without being seen or even into red buff. This means you have no way of telling if the enemy is getting dragon, red buff or coming to gank top or bot.

In the new map there is no flanks except for 1 middle jungle. There is no strategy anymore there is no surprise of which way there coming from or what there doing. Why would u need wards for a map created for dummies?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Journeyboy

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Crave View Post
Bottom bush gank is a choice, one that is rarely the best option. Getting the first minions as a team is more often than not the better thing to do.

You assume I am a baddie playing baddies, yet you have never played with or against me.

I dont need wards becuase I am careful, which is a measure of skill. If you think that it isnt then your just a troll.
So when youre bottom and enemy top goes missing, how to you know if he 1) ported back, 2) coming down for a gank 3) doing top jungle 4) doing mid jungle.

If your answer is, I just know or I see which direction he went then you are playing with the worst of the worst.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyboy View Post
So when youre bottom and enemy top goes missing, how to you know if he 1) ported back, 2) coming down for a gank 3) doing top jungle 4) doing mid jungle.

If your answer is, I just know or I see which direction he went then you are playing with the worst of the worst.
Such troll logic. I am bad for using my eyes to pay attention to the direction they went?

You make no sense at all.


123