Should Riot implement these changes?

Yes! These are exactly the changes we need! 6 13.95%
Some - Some of the changes are great, Some we don't need 14 32.56%
No - We don't need any of these changes 6 13.95%
Keep TT as it currently is, and release this map as a different game mode 17 39.53%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Proposed Twisted Treeline Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LOLOL BYE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Hi Guys,
I've been a huge long time TT player, I've played easily over 1500 3s games, I got 2 accounts to level 30 purely on this map, and seeing the new map really makes me sad, they are basically making it a new mini dominion.

Twisted Treeline was full of strategy, and ward placement was important etc, so I've put together some proposed changes for the updated map to make it feel like the old map, but without all of the old major problems.

See picture attached,

Removals

• Removed Speed Boost
  • Removed Altars

Additions:
  • Bring back wards
  • Changed Brush Placement
  • Added Top Jungle around Boss
  • Added 2 Jungle Isles
  • Added Red Lizard Mini OBjective
  • 2 Minor Buff Objectives

Why have I chosen these changes?

Top Jungle
I've added a top jungle path behind the out turret to give teams access to the major objective even after they have lost their out turret, without that entry point, teams can too easily zone out teams from even attempting to contest the boss and gives very little counter play.

Also adding a tri-bush by the minor buff and intersection encourages ward placement and counter play, connecting these paths around the Boss allows invading and counter jungling as well as a nice invade strat for the boss.

2 Bottom Jungle Isles
These provide a choice for Pre-Minion jungle invades, teams can choose to start top, and protect from top invade, or to defend using the Isle brush and help jungler clear the bot 3 camps fast, or it gives 4 different invade paths into the enemies Isle, a successfull invade could secure 2-3 start camps for the enemy team which would be a great reward, but leaves enough room open for jukes / counter invades / home defense advantage.

Red Lizard
A minor objective, such as Dragon is in SR, it is a teams way to trade, if they see one team rushing the main Boss, they can hinder the blow by taking Red, it also allows counter play by being able to control Red, they can slowly move their way back into the game even if they are 1-2 Boss kills behind.

Minor Top Buffs
This gives a reason to have presence top, and creates huge strategy / counter play around top, adding 2 choke points and brush, with the correct vision you could flank the enemy doing a weak boss attempt, and capitalize on their mistake, at the moment you only have 1 entry, where the enemy team can simply run away.

These changes would make TT a perfect mix of the fixed turtling, a well designed base, encourages jungle, warding, map awareness, teamwork, and counter play, brings the strategy back and provides plenty of choke points, battle opportunities and close quarter combat scenarios.

As a long long long time TT player, please consider these changes and provide feedback on how else we can improve the map we love

LOLOL BYE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I'd appreciate all feedback

hi im isaac

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Give me the visual rework we deserve, and screw this map. Throw it away. It's trash.

CountMoriarty

10-18-2012

I hate seeing a well thought out thread go unreplied to so here i go.

Top Jungle
I don't like it, sorry, just an opinion. I don't like having the jungler so far removed from the bottom lane and think the expansion of middle/removal of top is a good thing, although I could certainly be in the minority. I'm confused on how its any easier to contest Venomaw.

Isles
It appears that you just made nonfuncting alters, am I missing something here? Replace terrain piece with buff with normal terrain piece. Not a big change, terrain wise, the bigger thing is removal of the alters right?

Red Lizard
You, I, and Riot all agree that there needs to be a small objective in the middle jungle. Riot says Alters, I say adjusted alters, you say red buff.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2696149 I'd really appreciate hearing what you would have to say about these tweaks.

I think your thread would be more valuable if you posted why the speed boost and alters need to go.

Saigh

10-18-2012

I think they should remove the Alters, and speed buff. Re-arrange the middle jungle, make it a little bigger, not so tight fit, and it'll be perfect. Also, they need to add back in wards.

- Also, I don't know why Riot tried to add these capture points into TT, they made a game mode already with capture points and it turned out horrible. People played it once or twice, and just didn't like it hardly at all. TT should be focused on laning, ganking, and jungling/double laning bottom. I guess what I'm really getting at is turning back to the old map, updating it with the good changes. Example: The gap between jungle and the base to you can't flash over, and the wall to avoid turtling.

-The best thing about this whole thing is the visual update, that looks amazing, and I think they really hit key-points in making it spooky for the lore, etc.

LOLOL BYE

10-18-2012

The reason we need Top Jungle IMO is because they need some sort of risk factor, they need to sacrifice bot control, for the top buffs, they need to be in a good position to get Vilemaw, and not ALWAYS be able to gank every lane

CountMoriarty

10-18-2012

I don't think Alters need to outright go. Quit thinking of them as capture points, think of them as jungle camps with a team wide buff that don't fight back and spawn every 90 seconds.

Okay admittedly, that idea sounds retarded.

Now change alters, weaken their buff/make it buff single person. make it protected by a nutral (I CANNOT SPELL THIS WORD TODAY) Statue esque creep, for godsake increase the spawn timer to something like 4-5 min so i can lane. See? I think Alters can be adjusted to make it okay.

Think of it another way. If they took out Alters, Speed buff and put in redbuff that would solve so many gripes about this map, seriously i think a lot of people would be happy. So if they instead adjust alters to function more similarly to Red Buff (or half of red buff, multiple alter buffs stack), wouldn't that be okay?

Wards need to be in, I don't care if they double the price, halve the duration, make it so they don't stealth, 3v3 needs wards. Speed Buff? Really I don't care if its there I don't care if its not, map is pretty small not sure why its there.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

I would like to see the transition game the old map had (from red control to drag/top control with bot being the split push lane)
The jungle improved on the old map
The red buff can change/be replaced with something (MS buff???)
The top buffs needed a change and consistency
Changes to the base are kewl

Middle could use a change. Making the area around the MS buff a little larger and the lanes into the lane a little smaller. As well as having SOME jumpable PARTS of walls, because right now it's simply silly IMO. Those champs had an advantage, but were not too derp mode.

This new game mode should stay as just that, a new game mode.

Leave me and my community 3v3 DOTA variant map and give every one this Dominion Rift 3v3 test thing.

Wards on this current map would be terribly dumb and undercosted. They were already undercosted on the old Treeline.

Consider that most people have said they want the Alters removed for a reason.
They are NOT camps, they are a SPECIFIC POINT on ONE PART of EACH SIDE of the map
Old TT had 4 buffs - 3 top and 1 bot mid. This map has 2 team buffs (one being severely oP and on a super short CD when compared to TT) and those are on short CDs and are EXTREME.

Was it mentioned they randomly put a MS booster on this map?
Serious joke that was.

There is no life of the old map in this one.
I keep saying it, but CountMoriarty wont have it

FlailingKraken

10-18-2012

I agree with having a top jungle in the game, i always played top in 3s and its pretty much all i do now in LoL. I found myself needing to make choices in either helping bottom gank, pushing a tower OR jungle. Now that the jungle is in the mid WITH a speed buff its either push top lane or jungle AND pressure bot. There is no sacrifice in in the choices here

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassivePwner View Post
I agree with having a top jungle in the game, i always played top in 3s and its pretty much all i do now in LoL. I found myself needing to make choices in either helping bottom gank, pushing a tower OR jungle. Now that the jungle is in the mid WITH a speed buff its either push top lane or jungle AND pressure bot. There is no sacrifice in in the choices here
No choice, it's all forced on you and pushed.

90 seconds FIGHT
90 seconds FIGHT

Don't win the game with a push after jungle is clear, just FIGHT!
SPEED BOOST! Fight!

It doesn't make ANY other roles viable.

Tanky DPS is better than EVER with the item and map changes.

MS is far far far to rewarded already but hell, they made it way better!