Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bobybob

10-18-2012

You should unlock the skins ward permanently please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute Asian Kitty

10-18-2012

Hahahahahah no
go home riot

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

No, I don't approve of this move.

Ward skins are a genius idea. Making them temporary is borderline retarded.

If Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks was a temporary skin, NOBODY would have bought it.
This is the same thing, we don't want to rent **** in LoL, especially for RP.

And your sales aren't even likely to pay for the development time of the ward skins because of this, and so you won't make permanent ones because "It isn't worth the time to make something nobody wants to buy".

Please, fix this atrocity, be smarter than this.

Muteo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I really was excited about this. Then i read TEMPORARY and I was like ummm no =(
So I honestly doubt I will be buying any even though I loved the fallen angel ish one. Ill grab some if there is a permament option though, because this is honestly something interesting to add skins to.

Milanda

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanTheCanadian View Post
I'm sure you can tell by the 550+ downvotes the first post has that your experiment will likely fail. I'd say it's already a failure, but what I'm imagining is happening is that Riot expected this sort of backlash from this ridiculous suggestion, but wants to see how many people will actually spend real money on temporary ward skins. I want to say that it's unfair to assume the community is this dense, but I'm sure you must be going off of some sort of data. Regardless, from reading through this thread, a simpleton could realize that the real money would be from permanent ward skins at a reasonable price.

The community loves the idea, as do I, but the same people with the adequate disposable income to constantly spend money on these cosmetic items are the people that are smart enough to know when they're spending too much for little gain. I will not pay any amount of RP for temporary skins of any sort, and I certainly hope the majority of the community sticks with their attitude towards it so as to not enable this sort of blatant attack on our intelligence.
The IP ones will sell primarily to the people who have all the champions. Personally I'd rather save for a new champ then a week of a ghost ward.

Past that yea, i really don't think the RP ones will sell much if at all. I just hope they realize this is due to the temporary ness rather then the price/idea.

TRussianBook

Recruiter

10-18-2012

this would have been great, if they werent rentals. it just seems like some cheap ploy to squeeze us harder. why are they doing this?? all the comments, it's clearly nearly unanimous: rental skins is a plainly dumb idea; permanent skins for wards is a great idea, how they get so close and miss so far... I dont understand.

WrathOfNoob

10-18-2012

Its a nice way to encourage people to play support

only one week... almost kill this idea....

TigStripe

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
Catch 22.

I'm not interested in permanently spending IP on a temporary feature.

I'm sure it will see moderate success because it's a cool idea, but a lot of people who realize that it's temporary will skip over it BECAUSE it's temporary.

Recaiden

10-18-2012

Deeply disappointed by how you're doing this, Riot. If they functioned like a Champion skin and were priced accordingly, they might be worthwhile, but this is just sad. I sincerely hope no one buys them as they are now.

PraiseNicCage

10-18-2012

Temporary? Why?