Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleficant

10-18-2012

After reading the first page of posts, I was very worried that people would allow Riot to get away with real money rentals. But it seems my fears were unfounded and those people just missed the part about "one week".

If there's one thing that's awesome about this community, is that they always hold Riot accountable for their odd inane decisions and hopefully with enough pressure, Riot will seriously reconsider the rental aspect of these skins.

Surely selling the ward skins for 975RP permanently will make more money than the odd 25RP purchase for one week.

Leave the weekly rentals to Korean MMOs.

Gillrien

10-18-2012

One week loooooooool

Yeah sorry, I was pretty excited about these but I'm not spending RP on something that goes away (let alone as short as one week) and I probably won't be wasting IP either when I still need 159300 IP for the 28 champions I have yet to buy.

TRussianBook

Recruiter

10-18-2012

so... these are rentals.instead of saving up IP and RP for things i can keep, I'll just stock up on these rentals. LAME!

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
So does this mean the seasonal ward skins will be temporary, but you may consider adding in permanent ward skins if they're popular enough?

Baron Von Bacons

10-18-2012

Seriously, lasts for one week? You can buy a years worth at one time?

Are you for real?

Why cant these be permanent and cost just as much as a champion or champion skin?

What a rip off. I am not even sure I want to waste 200ip on the cheap one. But I sure as hell would spend 6300ip on it if it was permanent.

So basically, make these permanent if you want my money. And this is coming from a man who has spent almost a grand on RP.

I refuse to rent something from your store when you make more money than World of Warcraft. I have never once felt Riot was being greedy until this announcement.

Xpyder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

weekly durations? really? And thats a new low for riot...

I love cat

10-18-2012

Quote:
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
then make them free to use during halloween patch and remove them after, making people pay rp for a week of a ward skin is disgusting but what is worse is the fact that you say the goal isn't to have these year round but give players the option to do just that, as long as they spend a huge amount of rp/ip..

cmon now..

IrrationalNoob

10-18-2012

Quote:
It always lasts 7 days from when you buy it, and our expectation is that most people will buy a week before Halloween and use the ward skins through the holiday.
Thats fine, but this is a good idea being really poorly implemented, imo.

Metal Fish

10-18-2012

I'm sorry but I don't like the idea of "renting" things in a game. I was super stoked, now I'm not sure...

Akkku

10-18-2012

Quote:
If you dont want them all year around then make them seasonal like the maps.....