Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shy

10-18-2012

So I have yet to see any confirmation of this:

Any RP bought comes with Bonus RP. Does the Bonus RP count or no? Makes a big difference otherwise.

Any red confirmation? Please

Zyjax

10-18-2012

Pulsefire Ezreal costed MUCH more than the other Legendary skins... And now this? Riot, you're turning into greedy mercenaries, seriously.

Agarn

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
Thanks for the support I am frequently surprised by the hate generated by some of my efforts to bring new content to players in new ways, but I respect their opinions and will continue to learn from it.

Yes, Riot cards count. You just need to redeem the card during the qualifying window.

I am not as familiar with the plans for Team Icons as that was an eSports (as opposed to eCommerce) initiative, but I believe I heard that they will last through the end of season two.

I understand about it "Not being fair" and such but it does feel really bad to miss out on this after I dropped the $100 for the giant RP pack when it first showed up. I thought it was a nice way to show that I really liked the stuff Riot was letting you do for the customers, since a lot of companies don't want to give concessions to make customers happy and tend to be satisfied as long as they get their money.

I have no idea how much I've spent so far but I believe it's the first time I've spent more than $20 on RP at once. I still have over 13000 RP from it and it's REALLY hard to justify putting in more so soon with that pile, even if I will spend it eventually.

Chaninway

10-18-2012

It's understandable why long term supporters are a little upset (maybe a lot lol). Most of them dont need RP...they have supported for so long that they got what they need.. Most of them like the new icons....but at 100$ (or whatever the high price is everyone is complaining about lol) for all 5?? I bet all would have been happy if you had this promotion and also had the option to just buy the icons but maybe at a little less of a price. That way riot would get all those that want RP and the icons to buy. But, they wouldnt missout on all those who dont need the RP and are not willing to pay the price.

Alyana Solaris

10-18-2012

Quote:
deathofbarney:
Does this apply to RP purchased in the form of cards? Or is it online purchase only?

yeah that's what I like to know too. Some people don't have credit cards and the only way to buy rp is through the cards that we get from the stores. So, I hope its for everyone credit card or no credit card.

JacksonSolo

Recruiter

10-18-2012

I love how they made the 1st, 2nd, and 5th one cool. But the 3rd and 4th are just like.... eh. Ill prolly get to tier 4, cause I want to have enough RP to get any limited halloween, thanksgiving, or christmas skins. And I might as well buy it now seeing as Ill be somewhat rewarded. But I doubt Ill ever use the icons seeing as the one i really want is the 5th... But I cant afford 10k RP :/

hey what the fuc

10-18-2012

So wait you're charging around $60 for summoner icons? The things that people see as 3x5 squares in the post-game screen for 5-10 seconds? Examine your price points Riot, you're ****ing godawful at this.

It's almost as bad as CCP charging $100 for pants that no one but yourself could see.

KaiFleur

10-18-2012

It's ridiculous that you HAVE to buy RP in order get a damn icon. I can't afford to buy IP and want just ONE icon. But I have to spend $35 for something I can't afford. Can't you guys just make it so you can only buy one? T___T Greedy company.

Avisto

10-18-2012

Trick or treat?
Please tell me this is a trick...

JacksonSolo

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
Zyjax:
Pulsefire Ezreal costed MUCH more than the other Legendary skins... And now this? Riot, you're turning into greedy mercenaries, seriously.

You must not have been there when it was released... I bought it on sale 50% off for only 1650 RP... it was actually the best deal Ive ever seen riot put on. But I would never ever ever pay 3200 RP for it. If you work the sales with RP it is extremely reasonable... I have all the skins I ever wanted and I got em all for 487 RP or less, except PF