Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-18-2012

GG reading comprehension. There's a ton of people in this thread complaining about the RP purchase that they just made 1-2 weeks ago, or yesterday even. Go back and read the original statement: "...between October 1 and November 13."

As for the folks complaining about the large amount of RP they purchased during the free RP promotion... you already got a bonus! Riot is now trying a different marketing tactic with a different incentive. Are you seriously going back and saying "Hey wait! That incentive that I previously got wasn't good enough! Give me both!".

I like that they are doing this, cause it means we might be getting closer to lifetime purchase tiers which I would really like to happen.

PlatinumRooster

10-18-2012

PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT COST:

THIS IS A REWARD SYSTEM FOR BUYING RP!!!!
IF YOU BUY RP JUST FOR THE ICONS, THEN YES IT WILL BE EXPENSIVE!
If you haven't noticed, they haven't put price tags on the actual Icons themselves because they AREN'T for sale. THey're rewards for buying RP. In other words, if you have to feel generous in supporting Riot with their fiscal needs within the next month, you get rewarded with special icons.

YOU ARE NOT BUYING ICONS! YOU'RE BUYING RP!

Johan

10-18-2012

Baffling how Riot continues to alienate its loyal customers through these senseless marketing strategies. Greedy, greedy, greedy.

ZelsonV

10-18-2012

$70 for summoner icon. Something people can see at the end of game (but won't be paying attention) or come to look at your profile for some reason.

Rush for your wallets people :P

Skuirrel

10-18-2012

This is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Seems like we're starting to get less and less time to prepare for this little events that are suppose to add "new content."

This is especially bad considering it started 2 weeks ago and I do not remember any notice.

Looks like I'm not buying any RP just out of spite.

Exile4eva

10-18-2012

I won't be participating. This feels incredibly condescending that Riot would think its playerbase (which I would be included in) would feel incentivised by this poor offering.

Jesodoth

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblonjames View Post
people are mad because they wanted to buy summoner icon for along time. now the only way to get em is to buy RP. Its not cool.

More over, the amount of RP required is simply absurd.

How they think they can justify the amounts being asked for is.. beyond me.

Riot sees it as a "bonus", or they want us to think that they are simply offering it as a bonus. In reality, they want to increase RP sales, which mean, sales that wouldn't have taken place otherwise. So, again, the prices are absurd.

Chromaggus

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I am frequently surprised by the hate generated by some of my efforts to bring new content to players in new ways, but I respect their opinions and will continue to learn from it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAH

Dont make dumb decisions that insult the customers and you wont get hate

Thanks

PrevaiI

10-18-2012

Oh lovely... just bought 1300 RP 2 days before October.

ClaptrapGG

10-18-2012

Can said RP be bought in parts? As in I buy 1000 here and then another 1000 do they add together towards the 10k RP for the wraith? This may have already been asked and i may of missed it and it may already be answered in the original post and I may just be misunderstanding something but I would just like to make sure.