Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

This is honestly just ****ing stupid. I've spent SO much money on this game as it is, and just to get a freaking icon (which I initially wanted, now I don't), I'd need to spend basically $100 dollars? Kiss my ass.

I've supported you guys a TON over the 3 years but it's decisions like this that just blatantly confuses and insults me as a customer. You say you're trying to do things FOR us, yet you do dumb sales ideas like this and the Mecha Kha'Zix skin. Just blatantly stupid.

iAzNBLooD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Riot, can you give rewards for overall RP purchases on LoL accounts please?

Xpyder

10-18-2012

i wish the cap(for all the icons) was something like 5000rp... 10.000 is just... too much... cant spend that much money this month...

Xman1231

10-18-2012

i wish there was a way to use the ip or rp you have right now.

Leblonjames

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by J°han View Post
So very annoying that I bought enough RP to last a year back in September during the free RP bonus special. Now we need to buy MORE RP for these icons, regardless of how much we spent in the past/have? I would consider buying more if I had anything left to spend RP on...I have 20 rune pages, all champs, and skins for all my champs...if I bought rp what could I possibly spend it on? This initiative just accentuates how greedy Riot is becoming as a company.
i did the same.
I still have like 8k rp, i wont buy another 10k rp...

DiggerNicks69

10-18-2012

Instead of letting us buy an icon for 260 RP.
We have to buy $80 worth of RP to get an icon that you spent 5 minutes on a sketchpad.
Nice. The worst part is, people will still do it just for the icon. Good job Riot. With all these scams, I can't wait to see what you have for Christmas!

Ashfordjim

10-18-2012

So free summoner icons for people buying RP in a certain date range and Riot gets a downvoted thread and a wheelbarrow full of complaints? Geeze GD. The icons aren't going to make anyone play better and are a themed, freebie for people buying RP for a while (they also appear to have considered some of the "But I just bought 5k RP yesterday," complaints and backdated it to the beginning of October). Thank you Riot.

xNightxRavenx

10-18-2012

Lol i laughed so hard when i saw the price

That Other Guy

10-18-2012

Nice idea Riot, but unfortunately you went about it in the wrong way as evidenced by the downvotes. Allow me to explain.

Rather than giving players an option of which icon(s) they want with their IP you arbitrarily stuck them into "tiers", even in spite of the fact that a user can only actually use one icon (at a time at least). This means that a person who wants icon#1 only has to spend $5 and someone who wants icon#5 has to spend $70. This system is also quite punishing for people who supported Riot in the past when they didn't have this incentive.

You can fix this in a few different ways:

1: setting a price point at which players get a icon and they get to choose an extra icon for each multiple of that RP

2: allowing them to choose which icon they get at each tier

3: drastically lowering the price point of tiers 3-5 (not a true fix, but if you can't progam in the choices in a reasonable timeframe then you can at least reduce player backlash this way; if tiers were at say, 500 | 1,000 | 1500 | 2,000 | 3,000 RP ($5-$25) I think we'd have much fewer upset players.)

Please fix this and at the very least I hope you have learned from your mistake.

Fat Nyan Cat

10-18-2012

so i bough rp on october 10 does that mean i get the icon?