Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nintura

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabless View Post
Did Riot game forgot theire ''support old player thing'' ? I mean, I payed something like 200$ of RP in 2 year, and I won't get those icon, I can't even buy all new champ because you are reducing IP price of old champ. This mind set is lost and it make me really pissed of.

that makes 0 sense. How does them reducing the IP costs of old champs make it so you can't buy any new champs....

BitLock

10-18-2012

So.... i just made a 5k RP purchase yesterday.... where are my summoner icons?

Leblonjames

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintura View Post
Yes, makes total sense. Riot should create something to give to those that buy RP by giving those people major discounts on buying RP AND cosmitic effects. Man, not trying to double dip there are you.
yeah or just let us BUY em !

VannyB

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthan View Post
Is that a total amount of RP bought period? and does RP already bought between october first and november 13 count towards the total?
From what i read any RP bought between October 1st and November 13 counts towards the icons. It does not matter if you bought the RP before you heard about this event

PlatinumRooster

10-18-2012

PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT COST:

THIS IS A REWARD SYSTEM FOR BUYING RP!!!!
IF YOU BUY RP JUST FOR THE ICONS, THEN YES IT WILL BE EXPENSIVE!
If you haven't noticed, they haven't put price tags on the actual Icons themselves because they AREN'T for sale. THey're rewards for buying RP. In other words, if you have to feel generous in supporting Riot with their fiscal needs within the next month, you get rewarded with special icons.

YOU ARE NOT BUYING ICONS! YOU'RE BUYING RP!

Morec0

10-18-2012

Do we have to make the purchase through the cilent? Or could we buy a RP card and upload it for to gain credit towards these icons?

Kanon06

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

So if we have 6k on our account right now from earlier this year ( when arcade sona came out)
would that RP still count towards these tiers?

I just woke up and may have read it wrong so any helpful reply would be good :3

DeeBeeP

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Thanks for the support I am frequently surprised by the hate generated by some of my efforts to bring new content to players in new ways, but I respect their opinions and will continue to learn from it.

Yes, Riot cards count. You just need to redeem the card during the qualifying window.

I am not as familiar with the plans for Team Icons as that was an eSports (as opposed to eCommerce) initiative, but I believe I heard that they will last through the end of season two.
Your getting hate because this is more of a money grab by Riot than it is "bringing new content to players in new ways". How dumb do you think we are? If you actually believed that then you would simply put them all in the store for a reasonable price for a limited time during the holiday. Don't try and pull the wool over my eyes and tell me its a beautiful day outside when I can feel that its raining.

octavian1127

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
You will be fine as long as you bought in October.
Is there ever going to a retroactive reward for RP purcheses? Say those people who have spent $100's before October?

DocTank

10-18-2012

Hm.