Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dabless

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
You will be fine as long as you bought in October.

Did Riot game forgot theire ''support old player thing'' ? I mean, I payed something like 200$ of RP in 2 year, and I won't get those icon, I can't even buy all new champ because you are reducing IP price of old champ. This mind set is lost and it make me really pissed of.

VannyB

10-18-2012

Does bonus RP count towards RP bought?

PlatinumRooster

10-18-2012

Quote:
Master of Games:
Seriously? 10k for 5 icons? That seems a bit steep. Why not just make it something logical like 260 RP for one icon that we can choose to buy.

This is a reward system for you spending money on RP. You, yourself, are not purchasing the icons. If you buy RP FOR the icons, then yes, it seems expensive.

Megnificent

10-18-2012

So... This is a somewhat cool idea, definitely better than temporary wards skins... But do you honestly think a bunch of players are going to spend $100 on RP for five simple icons? I mean they're kinda cool, but if those are worth $100, then I wonder how much an icon I could easily whip up in Photoshop would be worth. No offense Riot, but I was excited about things to come when you announced the Shadow Isles. Honestly, now I'm just baffled and disappointed...

Orthan

10-18-2012

Is that a total amount of RP bought period? and does RP already bought between october first and november 13 count towards the total?

PlatinumRooster

10-18-2012

Quote:
Dabless:
Did Riot game forgot theire ''support old player thing'' ? I mean, I payed something like 200$ of RP in 2 year, and I won't get those icon, I can't even buy all new champ because you are reducing IP price of old champ. This mind set is lost and it make me really pissed of.

No offense but this is incredibly selfish. THey specifically have a date. You should honor it. If they were going off of RP spent in the past, it'd be ridiculous. I've spent a lot more than you too :/

EternalNightmare

10-18-2012

Quote:
Nintura:
I love the people who claim that Riot is favoring people who spend money. Spending money in this game gives you absolutely 0 advantage in the game. It's all cosmetic. Stop being *****es, stop whining, and give up on the conspiracy theories. For the love of God, use common sense before you talk.

it does give you a little bit of an advantage, i can have my level 2 account loaded up on RP then go destroy with the expensive champions.

EnderForHegemon

10-18-2012

my pockets hurt... damn...

Fr33zurBurn

10-18-2012

Why can't we just buy the icons with RP? :/

Zielmann

10-18-2012

Quote:
Pika Fox:
We are entitled to something, but that doesnt mean that Riot cant entitle festive buyers to some extra festive rewards :P

A permanent rewards system for lifetime buyers isnt as simple as festive rewards.

Do you know what your reward was for supporting Riot? Continued support and development of the game, rather than letting it tank. Oh, and whatever skins, rune pages, etc. it was that you bought with your RP.

Back when you purchased those items with your RP, you must have certainly deemed them worthy of your money at the time of purchase. How come all of a sudden you demand something more than that?

Nobody is entitled to anything that Riot has done for us. This is a fun little cosmetic thing being used as a promotion to get more people to buy RP. And no, you can't criminalize Riot for trying to get people to buy RP, because that's their business model. If people stop buying RP, LoL can no longer continue.