Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AudioTheory

10-18-2012

All these people keep saying "BUT WHAT ABOUT US THE PEOPLE THAT SPENT 1 MILLION DOLLARS ON YOUR GAME RIOT, Y NO ICON FOR ME" Bro this is one PROMOTION! Maybe it was not meant for you it was meant to get people to buy more riot points if they need it and get something free. People who like me maybe have never bought a riot point, as an incentive.

I guess everyone who is mad knows everything else that RIOT will be unleashing in the next couple of months.
If I was RIOT I would be giving out a free EPIC AS FUH Icon to people who have invested Said money in RP into the game lets say Jan.1- Dec.31. ( Notice how it goes till the end of the year, but i wouldnt tell anyone so at the end of the year those who have been trolls (in game and in the forums talking **** every time riot trys to give us an incentive) even if they spent $2,000 dollars still wouldn't get it cause they had been bad boys and girls and Maokai doesnt give free stuff to bad boys and girls) So if you have post on the forums talking **** the whole time and being a little troll then you dont get the epic icon even if you spent the money.

What im trying to say is YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT RIOT HAS UP THERE SLEEVES YOU DONT KNOW IF 1 MONTH FROM NOW YOU ALL WILL GET EVEN BETTER ICONS FOR FREE OR 1RP. So stay classy cause that might be what gets you your free Icon that will make you OP( if you use this magical icon you regen health mana and have 50 tenacity.)

Cherry blade good props also.

Chaninway

10-18-2012

The moral and what riot is trying to teach us is......DONT TAKE A CHANCE BY BUYING RP WHEN THERE IS NO DEAL OR REWARD.......JUST HANG ONTO TO ALL YOUR MONEY AND WAIT FOR DEALS AND REWARDS FOR BUYING RP.

sounds correct right??

Borand

10-18-2012

This is labeled as a free game, yet you are ignoring your fanbase who is playing for free. Fans have been asking for new summoner icons for ages, and instead of giving it to them for free, you price it. It doesn't matter if it is indirect, it's still pricing.

I am not going to rage, but I don't want to come in terms with the fact that if I want to enjoy something as a new summoner icon I have to pay. I am not willing to do this, and this is not what a free game is. And I do not want in come in the terms with the fact that I will no longer be able to enjoy new, but extra content, without paying for it..

Fuey500

Recruiter

10-18-2012

So wait since i bought a $25 card and used it in october i get the icons?

Vangu

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
Chaninway:
The moral and what riot is trying to teach us is......DONT TAKE A CHANCE BY BUYING RP WHEN THERE IS NO DEAL OR REWARD.......JUST HANG ONTO TO ALL YOUR MONEY AND WAIT FOR DEALS AND REWARDS FOR BUYING RP.

sounds correct right??

Sounds like every business move every company has ever done...it's kind of how promotional things go...

Leorite

10-18-2012

Quote:
B00nes916:
How about give something to people who have already purchased thousands of RP in the past as an insensitive to keep throwing their money at you. I've plateaued because I no longer have any characters to unlock until you release a new one and I am contempt with my skin and rune collection as it is. MAKE ME WANT TO SPEND MY MONEY. If this is your attempt its not working.

Then LESS people would buy RP. That's the whole point. idk about you, but i want this game to stay free.

Werebear

10-18-2012

Oh my goodness, I almost raged. I had bought 5k RP about 10 minutes before this was posted and I was going to be PISSED if they had the starting date as next week.

I was fully prepared to write a strongly worded email to Riot haha. Good deal, I like the Tier 4 best anyway!

eJ3

10-18-2012

Should extend dates for those who purchased $100 RP during the promotion....

Pika Fox

10-18-2012

Quote:
Borand:
This is labeled as a free game, yet you are ignoring your fanbase who is playing for free. Fans have been asking for new summoner icons for ages, and instead of giving it to them for free, you price it. It doesn't matter if it is indirect, it's still pricing.

I am not going to rage, but I don't want to come in terms with the fact that if I want to enjoy something as a new summoner icon I have to pay. I am not willing to do this, and this is not what a free game is.

Again, we just got a whole heap of summoners for the tourny, and chance are there will be more <_<

Riots not ignoring the freebase

Nilator

10-18-2012

So the $35 option(NA on Credit Card), 4550+450RP=5000RP is enough to apply for the Tier 4 Icons?