Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramanas

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The summoner icons will be permanently given to players who purchase RP during the qualifying period.

No decisions have been made on whether these or other summoner icons will be available for future events.
Here's the thing.

I like the idea of rewarding customers who buy RP. I think you could do a permanent system where once you hit a threshold of RP purchases you unlock page themes/icons/vanity stuff.

What I do NOT like is that you're limiting the purchase time. I'm not sure on exactly how much RP I've purchased, but I'm fairly certain that it's well over 10k, and knowing that I've got to purchase ANOTHER 10k just to get an icon really puts my nuts in a salad shooter.

Again, I like the idea of rewarding RP purchases, but it needs to not be limited to a month and a half of time.

Abyssal War

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varamor View Post
Sooooo... I've bought like... two 25 dollar prepaid cards since October 1st. Do those Riot Points still go towards these icons? Or only Riot points bought since this announcement? I'm curious
not sure on the prepaid card, but yes since october first according to the original post.

Ms LadyDelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I do love the idea of the summoners icon I just wish like stated above we could choose which summoners icon we could get. I suppose in a way we can if we have the funds. Nice work in creating something unique for this holiday and a change with our summoners icons!

Iudex Umbra

10-18-2012

You said from Oct 1 in the post. So this is retroactive to Oct 1? I would hope so for me personally, since I bought a lot of RP before this was announced :/

treef0rm

10-18-2012

Wow... So all the RP we've purchased before now is not worthy of an icon. Oh well, guess I won't be getting an icon.

Abyssal War

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Fubar View Post
For as long as I've been playing league already I don't need 10k worth of RP. Heck, I still have 2.7k still laying around so why would I in my right mind spend $70 for an Icon I want.
because you want it? otherwise live without.

lJigsawl

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimTaeSaranghae View Post
@Hippalus So what about those of us who have already spent massive amounts on the game? I have spent about $1200 from what I can remember, and having these only be unlock for those who spend money in a certain time period seems quite unfair.
ya ive already spent alot of money on this game and i think past purchases should count for this also like if you bought the $100 pack before you should get all of them

DeeBeeP

10-18-2012

Really Riot? $60 for 5 Summoner Icons. Wooooooow....

PacoTferret

10-18-2012

yea riot ripping people off on this one.
totally not buying 10k rp for one silly icon.

Pink Floyd

10-18-2012

this is so not fair, i got like 17k RP but purchased before 10.1, so i can't do anything? are you kidding me?