When does bonus ability damage get calculated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I've asked this in two other forums, no luck with an answer yet though.

Say I'm playing Jax with a rage blade. Say I have 45 bonus AP from rage blade's base stats.

I leap strike at an opponent, and then cast empower in the air. How much bonus damage does leap strike do, ignoring the damage from empower? (Empower and Leap-strike both have .6 AP ratios. Rageblade adds 6 ability power per cast and auto-attack)

A) 45(.6)

B) (45 + 6 from casting leap strike)(.6)

C) (45 + 6 from casting leap strike + 6 from casting empower in the air)(.6)

frenzykio

10-18-2012

Thats a tricky one. I would say just don't build rage blade on jax :P

Basballguy

10-18-2012

adding on to this,

If I'm karth and I cast my R...then level up my R while it's being channeled (before it hits)....what damage is done?

FaerellG

10-18-2012

I believe the answer is that the damage is calculated at the time of casting, not at the time of impact.
I recall there was a strategy was to blow Surge and drop Heimerdinger turrets so that they got the boost for their entire duration.

Amatzikahni

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I believe the answer is that the damage is calculated at the time of casting, not at the time of impact.
I recall there was a strategy was to blow Surge and drop Heimerdinger turrets so that they got the boost for their entire duration.
I recall this being the case nearly a year ago but it hasn't been brought up since. I tested this by casting a detonatable ability (Anivia Q) and leveled it mid-cast and saw how much damage it did. It did damage as if it was the lower rank. So, when going back to base to use a global ult, try to have your purchase menu open and spam the item you want before exiting and ulting real fast; CDR follows the same pattern.

If I'm not mistaken, they're changing AS-boosters this patch to immediately effect your auto attack; therefore, instead of activating it right before you attack, now you should activate it right after your attack.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
So the answer is either A) or B). Does the ability power bonus from rageblade happen before or after the damage from Leap Strike is calculated?