Some TT feedback for the map overhaul.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Hi there, I'm not really a TT player, though I've tried to get into it (and consistently been beyond frustrated for a variety of reasons). Hopefully, the new map will entertain people enough to think of it more than just a "casual" map and actually try to win once in a while.

So anyway.

What I like

- The visuals, obviously, are gorgeous and amazing. Really superb work here!

- The map is easier to read visually for those of us that aren't consistent TT players. The minimap on live is difficult to understand which paths you can take and which not. The actual field is also easier to read and understand pathing.

What I don't like

- The buff from the spider boss is incredibly difficult to see. It's almost transparent even. It's like you took the graphic from the old dragon buff and removed the runes and then turned down the opacity by 70%. This really needs to be more readable.

- There are only three jungle camps, period. I get that you wanted to make it a little smoother and everything, but even one jungle camp per side on the top part of the jungle would've been awesome. It would promote jungling a little bit more, I think, as the current jungle just doesn't seem to be enough.

- Fog of war around the shrines doesn't seem right. Sometimes I feel like I can be standing on the edge of it, and the fog of war seems to not dissipate and reveal enemies until they are practically on top of you.

What I'm neutral on

- If you do happen to have a jungler, they are extremely unsafe if the enemy team has a 2v1 lane scenario. I felt like I had to have my bottom laner with me in order to prevent getting camped for the first 2 levels by the enemy's bottom lane.

- Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems really difficult to tell at which point around the shrines that the enemy can see you.

Taiyodori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomajRT View Post
- There are only three jungle camps, period. I get that you wanted to make it a little smoother and everything, but even one jungle camp per side on the top part of the jungle would've been awesome. It would promote jungling a little bit more, I think, as the current jungle just doesn't seem to be enough.
How is three jungle camps per side any different from the old TT?
If you don't count Grez on the old map an additional jungle camp you have the same amount of camps, but - at least for one side - closer together.

(Might be wrong though, I wasn't able to test the new map, yet. Just saw some videos.)

Oh, question on that:
What are the new jungle camps except Vilemaw? I saw a Golem and a quite big Wolfcamp.
Can you compare them to the old camps for those who aren't able to test it right now?
By comparison I mean:
- Amount of gold
- Amount of exp
- Dmg-output
- Buffs (iirc, there are no more buffs besides Vilemaw and the shrine, right?)
- Spawntime (especially, how much spare time you have, if you clean your side's camps only)
- Overall difficulty compared to old TT, S1 SR and S2 SR. (I guess something between old TT and S2 SR?)

get dat birdman

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyodori View Post
How is three jungle camps per side any different from the old TT?
The other camps at the top of the map that have been removed? O.o I may not play often but I even knew about those.

Quote:
What are the new jungle camps except Vilemaw? I saw a Golem and a quite big Wolfcamp.
Wraiths, Wolves, Golems.

Quote:
- Overall difficulty compared to old TT, S1 SR and S2 SR. (I guess something between old TT and S2 SR?)
I personally can't compare these because I'm not a consistent TT player, and didn't play in S1 at all. I WANT to play TT, however, but it's not the mobs that make me feel unsafe if jungling. That said, the spawn timers don't lend itself to jungling alone, especially if you can't make worthwhile ganks. Moreover, it would require a leash on golems to start. because of said spawn timers (and golems hurt quite a bit).