Beware of the Nashor Amateur Tournament.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BahDonkADonk

10-18-2012

Just to provide some background: The Nashor Amateur Tournament is a tournament for players below 1520 elo. They are currently in the middle of their 3rd monthly tournament.

Their website claims they "strive to give players and teams the best experience, the easiest tournament experience, and the most well defined tournament layout", but in reality the tournament admins are doing it for themselves. All five members of the participating team Nashor Patrol Squad (Xather, Gooshk, Morarch, Aganea, and EmoEmery) consider themselves "hosts" or admins according to their website http://nashortournament.clanteam.com/contact.

Not only is it unprofessional to host AND participate in your own tournament with a prize pool provided by Riot, it is also illegal .

Quote from Riot's Prized Tournament FAQ.
"Can I play in the tournament I am organizing?

We encourage all tournament organizers to follow tournament etiquette. In order to avoid any conflicts or bias, it is considered unprofessional for any tournament admins or organizers to participate in a tournament."

Riot is correct. It is outrageous to believe that they can make a bias ruling because their rulings effect the outcome of their team and the entire tournament. They aren't striving "to give players and teams the best experience". They are striving to give themselves the best tournament experience.

Do you want to know the worst part about this? They have already received $10 in RP from this scam of a tournament! Yes, that is right. Taking 3rd place in the second installment of their tournament earned the admins $10 RP each. You can check their website if you don't believe me. This may not sound like a big deal, but by providing the prize pool Riot is condoning this type of behavior.

I don't blame Riot. I am sure they are very busy trying to approve tournaments and they don't look over everything with a fine-tooth comb. I posted this because I believe action should be taken against these admins and, hopefully Riot will look into this more.

This tournament, while noble in principle, is nothing more than a scam. It saddens me that this behavior takes place. Taking advantage of low elo players is pathetic and the admins should be ashamed.

Please help me spread the word about this injustice.

SexualChocolatez

10-18-2012

bump for justice

Chocobo X

10-18-2012

lol, bump and upvote because that's honestly pretty dumb

Sammystorm

10-18-2012

bumpw

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Kinda sad.

BahDonkADonk

10-18-2012

Its really sad

Bruhmane

10-18-2012

i don't understand how they are really taking advantage of anyone, in two tournaments they won 50 bucks off it.

they probably put in a lot more work than $50 is worth.

BahDonkADonk

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruhmane View Post
i don't understand how they are really taking advantage of anyone, in two tournaments they won 50 bucks off it.

they probably put in a lot more work than $50 is worth.
A team participating in the tournament should not have direct control of the outcomes of all the other matches. It gives them an unfair competitive advantage.

Bruhmane

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahDonkADonk View Post
A team participating in the tournament should not have direct control of the outcomes of all the other matches. It gives them an unfair competitive advantage.
Which they do not seem to be taking advantage of.

And how do they have "direct control of the outcomes of all the other matches."?

Teams play and they can't just give out free wins to a team that lost and say lol we dont care.

If they do that come back to me.

General Nashor

10-18-2012

I approved no such event!