Galio - Ultimate effect ranges wrong (switched?)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CosMoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Sometimes (it looks like) I can Taunt ranged enemies into my Ultimate even though they are then still attacking from outside of the indicating circle. Also, those ranged enemies outside the circle then do not take any damage when the Ultimate ends (no Boots, no "early" movement away).

Please quickly look into the code of the ranges of these two effects and confirm that it is:

• Taunt Area of Effect: 500
  • Damage Area of Effect: 520

CosMoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

Anyone else can confirm or deny ?

Dirty Foot

10-01-2010

I think that was intended. People were complaining earlier of ranged having a major leg-up on Galio because they could avoid his taunt due to their range.

His damage range was decreased because he was wiping out entire teams, even if they knew to keep spread out to avoid him. The taunt remains at further range to still give his ult a little kick in the groin to the ranged who were just outside his range.

Cryser

10-08-2010

I agree I think it is a bug. I've seen the same thing in my own matches. If I taunt a ranged character near the edge of the radius, they will not take damage. This is strange to me since according to the patch notes the damage radius is greater than the taunt radius.

CrazyCuban

10-08-2010

I have seen this over and over they get taunted at the edge and damage is not taken after the explosion, not items that would reduce the effect either.

CosMoe

10-10-2010

*bump*

Thanks for the confirmations.

Liath

10-10-2010

old patch notes:
taunt aoe - 520
damage aoe - 500

CosMoe

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath View Post
old patch notes:
taunt aoe - 520
damage aoe - 500
I just looked through all patchnotes after the introduction of Galio and you're wrong.
Please check your sources or do not post at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Galio
Idol of Durand
  • Taunt radius reduced to 500 from 520.
  • Damage radius increased to 520 from 500.
  • Adjusted team colored range circle to more accurately represent taunt range
I think it's very important that everybody who gets taunted also receives damage. The damage range increase was probably meant to somwhow make Merc Treads less effective. But it seems like the ranges have been mixed up.

Any clarification on this, RIOT?

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

10-11-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Seems to be fine on our end. I am able to damage targets who are not taunted, but not vice versa.

Sevyy

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post
Seems to be fine on our end. I am able to damage targets who are not taunted, but not vice versa.
Would you mind checking this again? I, too, have been experiencing this problem. I was able to taunt champions, but they took no damage after the cast.