@Morello - Care to explain yourself, please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Racic

10-18-2012

Let me preface this by saying I'm just as much of a Riot fanboy as the rest of you. Honestly. But in another thread, Morello essentially insults another player by suggesting they're disabled.

(Taken from: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...41761#30341761 )

In response to:

Quote:
so you guys copied broth mother... dota 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't normally ask this, but do you have a learning disability? I'd like to be sensitive if you do, but that comment makes me think you might.
Usually I've got nothing but wonderful things to say about Morello, Riot, and the way they interact with the community. But this is just unacceptable. You're stooping to insulting people by comparing them to the disabled? Absolutely ridiculous.

-----

Taken directly from the Summoner's Code:

"Also, be mindful of how you present your point of view. If a player feels strongly on a subject, don’t get caught up trying to have the last word. Just state your side and exit the conversation gracefully rather than give them the opportunity to pick a fight."

"This doesn’t mean that we’re okay with you ruining anybody else’s day."

And most importantly:

"If you share our vision of a game where players exercise good sportsmanship, help each other improve and form lasting friendships, you’ve got to start living the dream before anybody everybody else is willing to do so. It’s all well and good to say you’re on board for the revolution, but if you don’t first make yourself a paragon of model behavior, no one is going to be fooled. Nobody’s asking you to be perfect, but we do want you to, whenever possible, strive to uphold the same standards of behavior that you expect everyone else to maintain.

So, remember! Stay positive, remain calm, and keep to the code!"

-----

Taken from the Forum Rules:

"3. Attacks or Accusations are not acceptable•Attacking another player is unacceptable, the circumstances are irrelevant, just don’t do it. This includes calling out another player for leaving, cheating, poor gameplay, etc.

4. Abuse and disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated•Please show your fellow players and Rioters the same respect you would like shown to you. There are consequences to abusing players in the community."

-----

Please, Morello, justify your completely childish, and borderline offensive response. I know I'm going to get downvoted because heaven forbid someone suggest Riot, or one of their employees, did something wrong.

I know it isn't much, but until there's some sort of acceptable resolution to this, I will be refraining from purchasing anything LoL related (e.g. RP, merch, etc). I feel pretty strongly about this, and the only way I can protest this disgusting behaviour is with my wallet.

Thanks for your time.

<3

EDIT #1: I added the message he responded to. I feel as though whatever the message is should be irrelevant, as he shouldn't respond like this regardless. However, some poeple would like the context of what he said. So here it is.

UnseenMolecule

10-18-2012

youbutthurtbro??

Racic

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnseenMolecule View Post
youbutthurtbro??
Thank you for your insightful response. I'm glad you added so much to the discussion here. Very much appreciated.

Neo Cyrus

10-18-2012

What did you say which provoked that response?

PRIME LTD

10-18-2012

I'm glad he said it.. There got that off my chest..

Quote:
SOMERANDOM: so you guys copied broth mother... dota 2
Quote:
Morello: I don't normally ask this, but do you have a learning disability? I'd like to be sensitive if you do, but that comment makes me think you might.
+1 Morello

Racic

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Cyrus7 View Post
What did you say which provoked that response?
It wasn't me that said anything. For your benefit, I linked the original thread where the comment was made. There's a handy "Red Post" button in the upper right where you can find the comments made. Using that, you can see Morello's post, and to whom he was responding to.

Since I'm not sure you're aware of all this, I can sum it up by saying that it was in response to someone suggesting that Elise was a ripoff of something from DotA.

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-18-2012

I like how the part about the person insulting LoL and the designers by claiming they ripped off Dota 2 by making the spider queen isn't mentioned. Priscilla (Elise as she is now known) was a scrapped project years ago.. the fans BEGGED to have her.. just like Lee Sin and the Armored Bear (Volibear). So to have someone poke their nose in and insult your work is.. as your copied rules say..treat others as you would want to be treated. So Morello treated him the same way right back.

Edit: And just for the sake of proof... here is Priscilla on leaguewiki
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Priscilla

nennx

10-18-2012

morello got trolled very hard

Racic

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahroo View Post
I like how the part about the person insulting LoL and the designers by claiming they ripped off Dota 2 by making the spider queen isn't mentioned. Priscilla (Elise as she is now known) was a scrapped project years ago.. the fans BEGGED to have her.. just like Lee Sin and the Armored Bear (Volibear). So to have someone poke their nose in and insult your work is.. as your copied rules say..treat others as you would want to be treated. So Morello treated him the same way right back.

Edit: And just for the sake of proof... here is Priscilla on leaguewiki
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Priscilla
You're missing the point. Sure the person who Morello is responding to in that thread made a pretty awful point, and did so in a questionable manner. That's not in question by ANYONE. The point here is that as a Riot employee, Morello should be setting a better example, and following the rules laid out for the forums/summoners.

Psithurist

10-18-2012

Plagiarism is kind of the most serious accusation you can make against any kind of artist. I'm not surprised he reacted that way at all.