Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Jungle Discussion

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pakratking

Junior Member

10-18-2012

As a gold ranked TT team player anybody else have some thoughts on the new TT jungle

1.No more random jungle Spawns "Yay"

2. New alter and speed buffs. Look nice, but wondering if that speed shrine will be more problematic rather than helpful

3. New Items. Loving this stuff I think we are getting a small preview for S3 Items right here in the Treeline

Just looking for other opinions as TT ranked and ARAM is all I play anymore


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Yeah I switched a while back.

Honestly I haven't played the new map yet, but from what I saw on it and the numbers the jungle is non-existent. Which is really going to hurt the value of the jungler picks on that map.

From what I have seen the camps are weaker and control is based more towards the middle of the map than it was previously (controlling dragon and top buffs was more important as the game went on than controlling red). The previous jungle gave progression from each part of the game, and it also gave a viable option of having a jungle roamer, whereas here I don't see that happening because CS splits will be uneven.

I heard you cannot ward now, which really depreciates the value of this map to me as a Moba player. Wards need to be a part of any map that is similar to SR, and this is no exclusion. Keep the wardlessness for the silliness that is Dominion. Wards were a big part of the gameplay before and removing them removes a HUGE strategic skill advantage. Maybe up the prices because the value is clearly better on TT, but something needs doing in this regard.

Honestly I think that the new TT encourages more of a 2v2 than 3v3. With the speed boost there speed champs and leap champs will be EVEN BETTER than before (Nunu + other, Jayce, Eve). Champs that have those MS boosts will have a huge gank advt. I really think that the Speed boost will be extremely detrimental to the style of the old game (which I think they totally have taken from me with the removal of the buffs and inclusion of these altars...).

Anyways, I hope this succeeds and meets mine and my team's expectations, but so far not so good (in my eyes).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smcl

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
CaptainAMorgan:
Yeah I switched a while back.

Honestly I haven't played the new map yet, but from what I saw on it and the numbers the jungle is non-existent. Which is really going to hurt the value of the jungler picks on that map.

From what I have seen the camps are weaker and control is based more towards the middle of the map than it was previously (controlling dragon and top buffs was more important as the game went on than controlling red). The previous jungle gave progression from each part of the game, and it also gave a viable option of having a jungle roamer, whereas here I don't see that happening because CS splits will be uneven.

I heard you cannot ward now, which really depreciates the value of this map to me as a Moba player. Wards need to be a part of any map that is similar to SR, and this is no exclusion. Keep the wardlessness for the silliness that is Dominion. Wards were a big part of the gameplay before and removing them removes a HUGE strategic skill advantage. Maybe up the prices because the value is clearly better on TT, but something needs doing in this regard.

Honestly I think that the new TT encourages more of a 2v2 than 3v3. With the speed boost there speed champs and leap champs will be EVEN BETTER than before (Nunu + other, Jayce, Eve). Champs that have those MS boosts will have a huge gank advt. I really think that the Speed boost will be extremely detrimental to the style of the old game (which I think they totally have taken from me with the removal of the buffs and inclusion of these altars...).

Anyways, I hope this succeeds and meets mine and my team's expectations, but so far not so good (in my eyes).


Junglers are still very good and important. The difference is brand could be your jungler. Ganks happen very often and people honestly don't sit in lane for minutes at a time due to objectives. Having one shrine gives you +4 gold per kill/cs. So each side of the jungle has 10 mobs, by controlling both points you're getting bonus 40 gold per side clear and denying the enemy 40 gold per side clear, which can scale the game in your favor pretty fast.

The new wriggles is like hextech sweeper on Dominion.
The main difference is it has a huge range. This is used similarly to CV which makes instinct key. Teemo is invaluable on this map. Some people disagree, but they don't know that you can shroom for damage, and shroom to ward. By placing the shrooms on edges that are rarely walked on you can keep the vision from the shroom without the enemies stepping on it.

On top of that many more champs are actually playable in ranked due to the new items. It is definitely different, but I like it. I would like it most if we kept classic TT and this was just an additional game mode, but I don't expect that to happen. Coordination and strategy are still just as important, it's just different.
Hope this helped some.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pakratking

Junior Member

10-18-2012

Thanks for the replies just worried this is gonna be a new Dominion and lose a lot of creditably as a very coordinated ranked map But I am happy that Riot is finally taking a look at my fav map


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Smcl:
Junglers are still very good and important. The difference is brand could be your jungler. Ganks happen very often and people honestly don't sit in lane for minutes at a time due to objectives. Having one shrine gives you +4 gold per kill/cs. So each side of the jungle has 10 mobs, by controlling both points you're getting bonus 40 gold per side clear and denying the enemy 40 gold per side clear, which can scale the game in your favor pretty fast.

Because of this exactly mobility will be huge. I have posted elsewhere that I have predictions that Comps like Jayce, Shyv, and Rumble will be OP due to extreme mobility, tankyness, burst, and sustained damage.
The only thing that keeps this comp in check on old TT is the wards. Being able to move around them and get to their weakest character. Without wards there is a big disadvantage for a team that is down.
Now will the altars it's even worse (if what you're telling me is correct indeed). The team that is up with the Altars should win, and the team that has the best bet at that is a team with high mobility and tanking ability.

Quote:
Smcl:
The new wriggles is like hextech sweeper on Dominion.
The main difference is it has a huge range. This is used similarly to CV which makes instinct key. Teemo is invaluable on this map. Some people disagree, but they don't know that you can shroom for damage, and shroom to ward. By placing the shrooms on edges that are rarely walked on you can keep the vision from the shroom without the enemies stepping on it.
'
Large cast range or just sight range? Shrooms will be far better, and so will Teemo as he gets passive MS already.
Teemo was already the best poke on old TT, now he's just far far far better because of his "free" wards. With a MS comp you would be on sight to get the guy who stepped on it AS HE DOES.

Quote:
Smcl:
On top of that many more champs are actually playable in ranked due to the new items. It is definitely different, but I like it. I would like it most if we kept classic TT and this was just an additional game mode, but I don't expect that to happen. Coordination and strategy are still just as important, it's just different.
Hope this helped some.


Many more are OP. Singed, Rumble and Cass abuse the **** outta the AP %based damage item.
AD casters like Riven, Jayce, Lee, will get ridiculous because of new Vamp items.

And did no one else notice there are no true new resistance items??

We needed more of those.

Anyways I cannot wait to get home to play!


1