My two things about the new Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Number one: I miss the warding mechanics. I don't like not being able to utilize map control. It just feels wrong and over simplifying.

Number two: I feel there are a few performance issues for low end machines that don't exist in the revamped Summoner's Rift. I'll go ahead and assume that, like with the Crystal Scar, improvements to performance will be continuously put out so this isn't quite so big. I just wanted to state that.

I -love- the new map though, I -love- the new items and everything is just gorgeous. Those are my only two problems with it.

Warding is second nature, map control is important to me.

Edit: Also a third. I feel targeting is off in this map. I can hover over a minion, and it'll instead target a friendly minion which, when clicked, causes me to walk forward instead of hit the minion that I'm intending to last hit at maximum range.

Turtle Omega

10-18-2012

Issue with warding-- As you can see on the map, it has many more shortcuts and you can get around the map much easier. That, and there are jungle camps that are much more important than the previous ones. There's a difference between map control and map domination. Riot likes to encourage aggressive gameplay, and a lack of warding on such a small map like this encourages it tenfold. If wards were enabled on this map, the gameplay just wouldn't be as fun, everyone would ward key locations, and instead of making risks, all that would ever happen is people choosing not to even participate in the fights that Riot loves to see.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
Issue with warding-- As you can see on the map, it has many more shortcuts and you can get around the map much easier. That, and there are jungle camps that are much more important than the previous ones. There's a difference between map control and map domination. Riot likes to encourage aggressive gameplay, and a lack of warding on such a small map like this encourages it tenfold. If wards were enabled on this map, the gameplay just wouldn't be as fun, everyone would ward key locations, and instead of making risks, all that would ever happen is people choosing not to even participate in the fights that Riot loves to see.
Yes, as I played it more I came to realize that warding doesn't seem necessary, and with the entire top half being dedicated to Vilemaw control, it wouldn't be fair to junglers (which seem to function very well with and without smite in this iteration) if you could just upkeep wards.

Still, it's difficult to move away from the habit in threes.

From what I can tell, also, the AP burn item seems ridiculous on poison champions. And if not poison champions as a whole, then Singed. He was practically 1v3ing my team at one point because it appeared to be that his poison was applying it over and over again every tick.

I definitely enjoy this new map though, and as for the performance issues I take a much more severe performance hit when the camera's centered on the lower half of the map.
Hopefully that gets further optimized as time goes on, because this map is great and I'm excited to get my 3s team involved.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Wards are a vital part of Moba gameplay.

Up the costs if you must, but not having wards is a real detractor from the game's depth and strategy.

There should obviously be wards in any variant with DOTA (defense of the ancients). If you take that you are removing strategy and counter strategy in regards to characters real time movements and decisions.

It makes things hectic and uncoordinated.

One of the main reasons SR is played so much and is popular is due to the order that they built in.

Chaos will make this map more like dominion, which is a complete joke that people don't take seriously for that reason alone. TT was not perfectly balanced, but it was damn good and needed light improvements, not an entire overhaul.

I just hope they add wards in at increased cost and add a few more jungle spots.

As well as removing the speed boost and making it a buff camp.

Sakuri Ono

10-18-2012

Hextech Sweeper is your warding mechanic. Learn to love it. ^_~

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
Hextech Sweeper is your warding mechanic. Learn to love it. ^_~
LOOOOOL

no

that is not a ward, it's a Reveal Dust mechanic.

DOTA people, DOTA