Season 3: New Items your thoughts.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bryan da truth

10-18-2012

Hey Guys,

If you guys have seen the unofficial PBE patch notes you might have seen the new items they added.

What do you guys think of them and how do you think certain champs/matchups change? Some of these items can def. make some champs more viable and some even more insane imo.

--

(From Reignofgaming)

Quote:
New Items

Keep in mind, some of these new items are going to be for the remade TT

Blackfire Torch: +50 Ability Power +300 Health +350 Mana UNIQUE Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds (effect halved for AoE). Cost: 3188

Blade of the Ruined King: +40 Attack Damage +10% Life Steal
UNIQUE Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions).
UNIQUE Active: Drains target champion, dealing 150 physical damage plus 50% of your attack damage and healing you by the same amount. Additionally, you steal 30% of their movement speed for 2 seconds - 60 second cooldown. Cost: 3153

Ichor of Illumination: Click to Consume: Grants 30-64 Ability Power based on champion level, 15% Cooldown Reduction, and a huge boost to mana and energy regeneration for 4 minutes. Cost: 2048

Ichor of Rage: Click to Consume: Grants 20-42 Attack Damage (based on champion level), 20-42% Attack Speed (based on champion level), and 15% increased damage to Turrets for 4 minutes. Cost: 2040

Lord Van Damm's Pillager: +40 Attack Damage +350 Health UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Passive: +25 Armor Penetration UNIQUE Passive: +15% Spell Vamp Cost: 3104

Overlord's Bloodmail: +850 Health UNIQUE Passive: On kill or assist, gain 200 HP over 5 seconds. Cost: 3084

Soulsight Lantern: +23 Attack Damage +30 Armor +12% Life Steal UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 20% chance to deal 425 bonus magic damage. UNIQUE Active: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 10 seconds (1 minute cooldown). Cost: 3159

Wicked Hatchet: +20 Attack Damage +18% Critical Strike Chance UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks inflict Grievous Wounds on enemy champions, causing 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 1.5 seconds. Cost: 3122

Wooglet's Witchcap: +80 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive: +10% Movement Speed UNIQUE Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25% Cost: 3090

Its super nice Brutalizer finally has a/different upgrade item available and apparently it builds from HoG which is crazy. The magic burn items, and especially the lifesteal one seems very interesting and I can see it being really good on certain champs.

Thoughtz?

SuperBubblesMan

10-18-2012

sweet

Senario

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

The first two feel a bit strong to me, and wicked Hatchet seems like death for any champion that relies on regeneration or healing. I thought actives with wounds and ignite was enough o-o.

Also, I have no idea what is up with wooglet's witchcap. TT item probably? I can't imagine them replacing Deathcap as deathcap is a fairly balanced item imo, You pay a lot of money for pure damage and that's what you get in large part.

Oh and that lantern, Y U not named wriggles?! lol well probably another TT item.

TherIsNoUrfLevel

10-18-2012

I'm guessing with that Witchcap being added they're removing Rabadons?

EDIT: Holy **** the cost on that hatchet. 3000 gold for 20 AD and 18% crit chance?

Skrapt

10-18-2012

I think a lot of those items are for Twisted Treeline only and some are just changes to existing Dominion/PG items (hextech sweeper).

However, the new AD caster item will be a huge boost to the viability of champions like Pantheon, Kha'zix, and the like.

Blackfire torch makes Brand super scary as just landing one spell in poke phase of teamfights will chunk you for 13% of your max hp + whatever damage of the spell was.

Blade of the Ruined King is odd. It sort of has a jungling mechanic to it and the active is no doubt for ganks, but it's fairly expensive and the passive dealing magic damage makes it weird. Could be useful on Shaco for buff/objective control and split pushing.

Soulsight lantern is the ward hunter without having to buy a risky oracles.

Wooglets Witchcap is a must buy on everysingle caster in the game if it is in SR and the standard item build for casters like Syndra, Orianna, and other control mages will be Athene's into Wooglets.

D474RG

10-18-2012

Now Brand is crying

GarnetJewel

10-18-2012

Blackfire Torch: numbers are so dependant on enemies hp and your cooldowns. cant tell just from looking at it

Blade of the Ruined King: A great bruiser item

Lord Van Damm's Pillager: The ad caster item we need

Overlord's Bloodmail: Like warmogs but bad

Soulsight Lantern: Super situate

Wicked Hatchet: Way less gold efficient than executioners calling. Super situational buy.

Wooglet's Witchcap: 60 less ap than death cap, 5% less bonus, and 300 more gold for some movment speed. Thats ****

innervation

10-18-2012

I think you're absolutely right OP. Borderline champions like hecarim and fiora might do pretty well with some of these items, but how good is something like van damms gonna be on rengar or jayce? =(

Bryan da truth

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherIsNoUrfLevel View Post
I'm guessing with that Witchcap being added they're removing Rabadons?

EDIT: Holy **** the cost on that hatchet. 3000 gold for 20 AD and 18% crit chance?
''Your basic attacks inflict Grievous Wounds on enemy champions, causing 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 1.5 seconds''

This is why the price is so high. No active, it ALWAYS causes -50% regen which is insane. Any lifesteal champ/ad carry/healer w/e will be reduced.

CityOfTheChi

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by D474RG View Post
Now Brand is crying
unless they stack and then he's dancing around the campfire.