Alters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diskings

10-18-2012

Are these Alters like the obelisks in dominion? If so NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Buffs need to be fought for, not just 'taken'.

Sorry if this has been answered and is an easy find, but I'm tired and don't have time to read through 13 pages in the faq.

Aside from that, I am VERY excited to see if TT will gain a more competitive future

FearAzrael

10-18-2012

I was soo close to posting this in the feedback thread but then I thought, we have been wanting this update for so long, let's at least give Riot the courtesy of trying it out before I say anything.

But I definitely see where you are coming from, TT is a rough and tumble map, free buffs dont seem to fit that.

innervation

10-18-2012

You can fight for them though...they aren't instant cap. I felt like it was ok, I mean if it takes even two seconds longer, you're giving your lane opponent 2-3 free last hits AND he still has time to walk over and interrupt you / kill you.

TamOcello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

They also don't open up until the two minute mark, so the first dude sent to grab one loses experience.

Zakyox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

To be honest, I don't mind the alters. It gets rather chaotic trying to go for the buff since both buffs are warded and their no way for the other team not to see you and with the speed boost in the middle of the map, they definitely want both teams to fight out those buffs.

(Still say this map shouldn't go under Normal or even Dominion, since it feel like a merge of both)

Kari Arisu

10-18-2012

You stand on the alter until you cap it. Fight people off it.
Have 1 Alter = +4 Gold per Minion Kill.
Have 2 Alters = +4 Gold per Minion Kill, +10% AD, +10% AP

They can be re-capped every 90 sec.

Eturnus

10-18-2012

I really really dislike anything like dominion being dumped in 3's.

Why can't we just have all the other stuff and get rid of perma warded buffs and speed boosts on the map.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnus View Post
I really really dislike anything like dominion being dumped in 3's.

Why can't we just have all the other stuff and get rid of perma warded buffs and speed boosts on the map.
This is something I can agree with.

I really have no interest in seeing gimmicky map things (alters/speed boost). Give me EXP and Gold to earn in the jungle.

It takes some of the depth that a full jungle would give. This may also take away smite/jungle from TT.

I honestly think that it doesn't need these kind of things. It seems so against the initial philosophy of the map and I would like to see it stay closer to it's roots (from SR, where there are no speed boosts... YET!).

Eturnus

10-18-2012

Having just played it for the first time it's wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be.

However, I still don't like "gimmicky" things dropped on the map in the jungle. It doesn't feel like it should be in the "classic" game mode section at all now and should have a whole new game mode section if you keep it this way.

The more I play it the more it makes me sad.....I miss the old TT even with all it's issues.

This isn't classic at all.