@Riot Sinister Skins = Harrowing Skins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crypsix

10-17-2012

Just wondering. I was looking at the previous years of Harrowing and it seems you guys really could have done better in terms of skins.

As it stands, you are releasing 4 new skins, 1 of which is most likely Elise's release skin. That leaves 3 skins. Of the three skins, I can only say two of them are particularly "Harrowing" themed. In my opinion, Underworld Twisted Fate doesn't really speak "Harrowing" to me.

2010 Harrowing Skins
Lollipoppy
Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks
Nosferatu Vladimir
Mundo Mundo
Kitty Kat Katarina
Zombie Ryze

2011 Harrowing Skins
Bewitching Nidalee
FrankenTibbers Annie
Definitely Not Blitzcrank
Haunting Nocturne

2012 "Sinister" Skins
Underworld Twisted Fate
Haunted Maokai
Headless Hecarim

You guys reduced the amount from 2010 and 2011. Why? You guys had less staff back then and even some of the particles were changed in the skins. Heck, I think all of 2011 skins are quality as well as 2010 (excluding the simple Pumpkinhead Fiddle). Why only 3 skins this year? Are you guys not more employed than before?

So, are these these Sinister skins this year's skins?

Franco Sanchez

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypsix View Post
Just wondering. I was looking at the previous years of Harrowing and it seems you guys really could have done better in terms of skins.

As it stands, you are releasing 4 new skins, 1 of which is most likely Elise's release skin. That leaves 3 skins. Of the three skins, I can only say two of them are particularly "Harrowing" themed. In my opinion, Underworld Twisted Fate doesn't really speak "Harrowing" to me.

2010 Harrowing Skins
Lollipoppy
Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks
Nosferatu Vladimir
Mundo Mundo
Kitty Kat Katarina
Zombie Ryze

2011 Harrowing Skins
Bewitching Nidalee
FrankenTibbers Annie
Definitely Not Blitzcrank
Haunting Nocturne

2012 "Sinister" Skins
Underworld Twisted Fate
Haunted Maokai
Headless Hecarim

You guys reduced the amount from 2010 and 2011. Why? You guys had less staff back then and even some of the particles were changed in the skins. Heck, I think all of 2011 skins are quality as well as 2010 (excluding the simple Pumpkinhead Fiddle). Why only 3 skins this year? Are you guys not more employed than before?

So, are these these Sinister skins this year's skins?
I'm relatively new to league... But perhaps they just haven't released details for ALL of the skins for the season?

Dalemaunder

10-17-2012

Don't forget Death Blossom Elise.... just saying...

Waz Joe

10-17-2012

Sinister skins =/= Harrow skins

FENiXRiZN

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethe Keres View Post
Sinister skins =/= Harrow skins
I'm pretty sure they're the same, in that they are the group of skins that are to be released exclusively for Halloween. Don't expect any more legacy Halloween skins this year, I'm relatively certain that this is all of them.

Regarding OP's post;

The total number of skins is less, but the quality has also gotten a lot higher since 2011 and 2010. The older skins probably didn't have as much detail put into them / new animations / new particles that these 2012 skins are likely to have. Thus why there is fewer of them.

Fishous

10-17-2012

Except there are four skins.

Cuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

You seem to be forgetting about Zombie Brand, Pirate Ryze, and Teacher Fiora. Which are these years Harrowing Skins.

Phrixscreoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

There was also a notice at the bottom of that announcement saying "stay tuned for news about harrowing skins"

Shaboopie

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrixscreoth View Post
There was also a notice at the bottom of that announcement saying "stay tuned for news about harrowing skins"
This. All of this.

But yeah, they may seem Harrowing themed, and it's possible that these combined with the actual Harrowing skins are going to be this year's Halloween exclusives, but the Sinister skins themselves are not the extent of what we're getting.

Ursun

10-17-2012

It looks like they're releasing two batches of skins for Halloween, with the first batch being related to the Shadow Isles and the second batch concerning the actual Harrowing event.

Well, that's what I've read...